Scores Returning to normal,

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

Well all, after a long streak of moving up, and topping out at 237(best score ever), my score dropped all the way down to 208.. last month at a tournament , this month the same group put on a tournament, and i shot 227... so i think i'm back, the only thing i can think of that threw me off is that i actually practiced out on the bag targets that the group provides for warm ups before shooting on the range. It just seems like if i practice prior to a shoot, i freeze up on the course, but i can leave my bow put up for a month,go out cold and then turn around and shoot in the 220's... kinda confusing to me, but what do ya'll think?
Semper Fi

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:10 AM

Terry you might have a case of the TP's! Sure has all the classic symtoms of a curable case of it. :(
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

Rowdy, what has me dumbfounded, is that the more i shoot the worse i do, if i go out cold i shoot fine, if i warm up before hand i shoot like poop. :huh: :huh:
Semper Fi

#4 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

Sounds like you are pushing yourself to much. Archery is suppose to be relaxing. The more you frustrate yourself the worse you get. It has nothing to do with your abilities. Try to relax as you shoot. Go back to the basic and do some blind bale shooting. Just go out in front of the shooting bales close your eyes and practice squeezing the release off. Try not to punch it and try to feel how the bow and the bow arm react to the shot. Then try to duplicate that same feeling with your eyes open. Just a suggestion.

MD

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

Terry I can somewhat identify with what you're saying because I took a week long fishing trip and didn't take my bow with me. :lol:
Anyway when I got back I hadn't shot for over 10 days and my shooting seemed to me to be a bit better than it was when I was shooting almost daily. When I was shooting almost daily I had some target panic at the first of every session. I think the break has broke the trend I had going. The time off helped me get back to the proper thinking and form instead of pulling the trigger. Hopefully that's behind me for a long time. :ermm: :rofl:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

Rowdy, i'll tell ya, after i sight in with broadheads in mid august, i'm prolly not gonna pick my bow back up til E3... just to be on the safe side ya know?? LOL
Semper Fi

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:09 PM

Terry I know the feeling - hey good luck at E3 and let us know how many trees are skinned. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users