3 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

has anyone shot one of these?, i seen one at my local store for $250.00. it handled beautifully and it was double action only. it has a lifetime warranty, the dealer said he's sold several with no complaints. it looks like a kel-tec, it has either a s.s. slide or a black s.s. slide. so does anyone know about these?, thanks for any help.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

I've been in the market for a good compact so I did some reading up on them. So far I've found nothing but good things said about the SCCY CPX1.Posted Image

#3 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:33 AM

yea i went ahead and bought it, i went to the sccy forum and there was some good and bad things about them. the dealer said that if it didn't work he would take it back so i figured i had nothing to lose. i put 50 rounds thru it, not one problem at all it fired great, i shot from 10-25yds. i could cover most my hits with my hand, and the safety problem other people have didn't happen to me. but i have small hands and short fingers so it fits me perfect. the dealer told me tho to treat it like my j frame 357, shoot it but not to try and put hundreds and hundreds of rounds at once thru it. a small gun will heat up quicker than a large one and they won't take it. he said he has one he's put 1500 rounds thru but he's did that in a little over a year of shooting. i so far love mine and glad i got it, the dealer did say to not shoot steel cased ammo in it that they have been known to stick. i shot wwb in mine and it worked perfect. i was gonna get a ruger p95 but the grip didn't fit my hand, as soon as i get more ammo i'll let ya'll know how its going, thanks.

#4 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

thought i would update my sccy cpx-1, put 50 rounds thru it in the last two days. still not one failure at all, shoots great groups and i'm getting better with the trigger. a couple of friends of mine have bought one as well, they shot 100 rounds each of the wwb from wal-mart these two days. wal-mart seems to be keeping ammo ok now, now if they will just carry hollow points. one ran flawless the other had one failure to fire at about the second mag., but the second pull it went off i like the second strike this pistol has. i read alot of the reviews on this gun, seems the majority of bad ones were back in the beginning, and less and less bad ones are coming up. in fact been reading alot of positive ones lately, mabe the bugs are worked out. i guess all companys start out with bad apples , and there will be bad ones in any gun from time to time down the road, as quality control in all companys isn't as good as it should be. but i'm happy with mine and guess in the end thats all that matters,talked to sccy today after i finished, very friendly talked to a guy named don nice guy. he said that they don't reccomend any steel case ammo, or remington ammo. remington he said has problems with their primers that don't work well with the cpx. i'm ok with that i'm using wwb for most shooting, but am putting some fiochie hp ammo thru it for defense practice. don said that fiochie was just fine and since cabela's has a good price on it now i'm getting it. i wished all companys would take more time to test there guns before sending them out, it seems to me it would save them money in the long run. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users