3 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

i had a post on here about the rem. genesis, after the responses i decided to buy american. but i didn't have enough to get a tc, so i took my 4inch gp100. the shop had a new tc omega z5, the shop gave me the omega and $225.00 for my gp100. how'd i do?, was that a good deal? i know some will say if i'm happy it was, and i'm very happy, its my first tc and i wished i'd saved long ago and got one. i have always bought the lower cost brand, and while they have got the job done, the difference in quality is easily seen. so did i do ok from a trade standpoint?, thanks for any help.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

From what I can find I'd say your GP 100 was worth around $550.00 and the standard T/C Omega Z5( blue on black) about $330.00. $330.00 + $225.00 = $555.00 so ya came out about even money wise, which is never bad in any trade, plus you got something you really wanted so even better. While I will admit I'm a fan of CVA's Optima line, they've come a long long way in recent years, I'm a life long fan of Thompson Center. Pick up any T/C firearm, and as you said, the quallity is very evident right off the bat. I've owned two T/C Hawkens and three T/C Renegades and each was a real pleasure to own and shoot. I now own a T/C Encore .270 and no amount of money period could ever persuade me to sell it.Posted Image I wish you many an enjoyable hunt with your new T/C. I think you have many just waiting to happen. Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:39 PM

If your GP 100 is the Ruger I would say that you got a good deal. Last years value is New in Box $400, Exc 300. VG 200 etc. That deal would make me happy too.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:48 PM

If your GP 100 is the Ruger I would say that you got a good deal. Last years value is New in Box $400, Exc 300. VG 200 etc. That deal would make me happy too.

Paul, they're averaging $550 on GunBroker now. Shows how much the value of guns have gone up recently. Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 16 December 2009 - 05:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users