1 reply to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Wally World has their usual after season sale on hunting stuff and Jason picked up a can of Thompson Center's T 17 Foaming Bore Cleaner. It says it's for both muzzleloaders and modern firearms and removes black powder, copper fouling, brass fouling and plastic residue from sabots. You spray it down the bore, let it sit the alloted time and then run a cleaning patch down the bore. If it comes out dark blue you spray it again and repeast the process till the patch comes out clean. Then you run an oil patch down the bore. I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if any of you have and, if so, how you like it?

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

Norm I have used several similar products and word of caution remove the barrel from the stock any time you use these products because it will really mess up a wood stock finish or possibly eat away at a sinthetic stock. The products that I have used are Wipeout, Hoppes Elite foam, and CVA Bore Blaster. My procedure for using them are clean with hot soapy water first and then clean again with the foam. Most of the products say to fill the bore with foam and let sit for at least 10 minutes. If the patch comes out blue colored that is copper fouling and you need to repeat till the patch comes out clean. I use these products on both muzzleloaders and modern firearms. Since most times you use a sabot in a muzzleloader you most likely will not get any blue color on your patches. Those products really clean a bore.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users