• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:56 PM

I fired three powerbelts with 75 grains of fffg APP. The recoil and report were about the same as a 20 gauge. Each bullet went down the barrel with ease without swabbing. Hits were at point of aim at 25 yds with the factory sights. Clean-up was easier than any other gun I own. I, of course, am extremely pleased with the results.

The last shot was fired into a seasoned firewood log. It penetrated about eight inches and expanded to .7".

I think I'll set the sights for 75 yds and forget about getting a scope, why mess with something that already works.

I understand now why some people think the modern inlines shouldn't be considered traditional firearms. Some exellent engineering has gone into making these things very user friendly.

Only problem I see is that the powerbelts are way too expensive for plinking so I'll have to buy some ball ammo.
Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:10 AM

Most modern inlines are very capable of shooting out to 100 yards with open sights. And in some shooters hands even further. The trick is to find the load the rifle likes, and then practice. Good luck with the rifle.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users