• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

Had a lot of fun you could call it a real blast deer hunting this past month or so. During that time I was blessed with much turkey evidence nearly everywhere I deer hunted and many sightings of the birds themselves. One that got Phil and my blood pressure up was a huge old gobbler that went crashing up out of a down treetop to which Phil exclaimed man look at that beard. That bird was only about 150 yds from the spot a gobbler made a fool of Eric and I this spring. Boy that bird sounded like a B-52 taking off with leaves and twigs a flying all over. I may get in touch with a farmer friend and get some corn to help the birds through the tough part of the winter. Sure beats sitting and brooding till spring.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

I'm ready to try for that Birdzilla at the farm that stays down in creek bottoms below Mark's house!!!
Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Cool guys. Jason and I have been seeing a flock with several really big longbeards in it. It sure gets you fired up for Spring Turkey Season don't it? Posted Image Posted Image

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:04 AM

Awesome guys, my gal and I are doing the turkey slam this year in 2010-osceola, easterns, merrian and rio's.

Fun Fun

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:57 AM

Some day, I want to tag along on turkey hunts. :) sounds like fun.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:14 AM

Some day, I want to tag along on turkey hunts. Posted Image sounds like fun.

Well Bruce,
You know the welcome mat is always out if you wanna leave your Ruffian Roost for a few days. We'll hook ya up on a guided turkey hunt in the mornings and all the groundhogs you can ventilate in the afternoons at the farm.....heck, we could even toss in a Lake Erie charter fishing trip for perch one afternoon!Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:28 AM

Oh great McBruce of Colorado elk squashing fame. What a pleasure it would be to have you come to the Keystone state for a shot or two or three at a big old turkle bird. I would gladly offer my services as a caller and guide at the farm or even here locally. Just as with elk hunting there is no guarantee of easy success but if you want to get all excited and filled with adrenelin for possibly several hours at a time come on in to flatlander country where at least by May the snow drifts are gone and the turkeys are gobbling.

#8 diehlrod

diehlrod

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

PA I will be returning home this year so leave one tied up on the 100lbs test. I've been blessed enough to get a gobbler every year I've been able to hunt, but I haven't been in the woods in so long i may be a bit rusty. Although since I moved away from the city out here in Cali the neighbors can't complain about my clucks and yelps while I'm on the porch practicing since they are about a mile away instead of 20 feet. I think the late night surround sound of outdoor channel and hunting dvds may have had something to do with the complaints.

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:04 AM

Sean when is your hitch up? I would be honored to host you on a turkey hunt.

#10 diehlrod

diehlrod

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

Just got the terminal leave paperwork signed today. I'll be heading back on the long drive at the end of March. It would definently be nice to get together for a hunt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users