11 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:40 AM

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:43 AM

Thanks bud. I enjoyed that. Posted Image You know? The ill informed, and somewhat ignorant, have the idea that hunters just kill things. They don't and, simply can't , understand the deep respect and love we have for nature and wildlife. I think a hunter apreciates a video like that more than they ever could simply because we get out there among that which we love instead of just sitting at home self righteously talking about it.Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 20 January 2010 - 09:44 AM.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

I totally agree and I'd bet this video was taken and set out on YouTube by a hunter. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:08 PM

Was someone reading the feedback at the bottom of the video, Norm? :lol:
(One of the main reasons I enjoy the inline player. :doh2: )

I don't have a problem with someone looking at that video and just having a surface level "Bambi" response. ("Awww... How cute. Look at the furry thing playing in a puddle." etc.) I enjoyed the video on that level as well, honestly. But, we generally understand what's actually going on at an elk wallow. Mention anything like that on there and you'll be slammed. (Just read through and see how anyone saying anything other than, "Aww, how cute." has negative feedback. :lol: ) Oh well. They say ignorance is bliss, but I don't believe it because if it was true the world would be a much happier place. :P

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

[Quote..... Oh well. They say ignorance is bliss, but I don't believe it because if it was true the world would be a much happier place.]

Truer words never spoken!Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

All I see there is some wonderful back strap steaks in the very near future. All young animals are what humans call "cute" but they are first on any predators list of what's for dinner. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 20 January 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#7 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

Kids huh? My two year old does the same thing in the bathtub. He's never seen me do it, so it must be instinct.
Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#8 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

Cute lil bugger!Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

All I see there is some wonderful back strap steaks in the very near future. All young animals are what humans call "cute" but they are first on any predators list of what's for dinner. Posted Image Posted Image

You know what they say in the culinary world. You start eating a great meal with your eyes!

#10 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

This video has made it around the net, always great to watch. If you want to be shook up watch one of the other videos that show shocking Rodeo stock and the killing of elk supposedly with tuberculosis. And the killing of the calf elk with trying to break its neck with his hands and then finally cutting its throat with a knife. These are the type of videos that give hunters a bad name and he is a veterinarian. You have to watch it for yourself. If you have a weak stomach I suggest you don't watch it.
P.S. you have to watch the calf jumping around then the other videos pop up in the bottom screen from the You-Tube link

Edited by GP@AZ, 15 May 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

This video has made it around the net, always great to watch. If you want to be shook up watch one of the other videos that show shocking Rodeo stock and the killing of elk supposedly with tuberculosis. And the killing of the calf elk with trying to break its neck with his hands and then finally cutting its throat with a knife. These are the type of videos that give hunters a bad name and he is a veterinarian. You have to watch it for yourself. If you have a weak stomach I suggest you don't watch it.
P.S. you have to watch the calf jumping around then the other videos pop up in the bottom screen from the You-Tube link

The video you mention was put out by "SHARK". They're an animal rights propaganda organization like Peta or the HSUS. Gotta have my doubts about the validity of whom was really in the video doing what and exactly why when that's the case. :unsure:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#12 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

pretty cool video
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users