1 reply to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:04 PM

Years ago I quit buying Remington .22's. After several missfires and jams. I at first blamed my Winchester rifle. I was so disgusted I almost gave it away. However, I finally started paying attention. I bought a brand new box of Remington's, made sure my rifle was spotlessly clean, and paid attention to every shot. Some would go bang, some pop, and some sounded like a cap pistol. More missfires! More jams! NO MORE REMINGTON's for me!Posted Image I now strictly buy Federal's or CCI's. Well, Jason just bought a new Ruger SR22( One wicked little rifle I might add. Posted Image ). His son wanted to go out with Jason to shoot it. As incentive, he bought a 500 round block of, you guessed it, REMINGTON's! More than half of them wouldn't even go off! Jason even reloaded some , and though struck twice, none would fire. Not the rifle folks. Posted Image There's cear, deep imprints of the firing pin strike. Just rediculously poor shells. What in the world is Remington thinking? Over the years I've lost count of the people that quit using their shells for the very same reasons. You can bet Remington will be getting a letter from me, with clear pics of the double struck unfired shells, asking what they pay their quallity control guys for, or do they even have any? As for their firearms, I still love vintage old Remington rifles, but as for their new ones....I wouldn't own one if you gave it to me free.

Edited by Spirithawk, 24 January 2010 - 06:08 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:38 PM

I too do not buy Remington 22lr ammo. Out of about a half dozen rifles it functioned ok but I never got much accuracy with it. I never paid much attention on the report when they went off but if they were not all loaded to specs accuracy cannot be achieved.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users