Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:03 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First 10 yard 5 arrow group shot with the bow
Posted Image

First 18 yard 5 arrow group shot with the bow
Posted Image

I put a HHA OL-5500 1 pin sight, a QAD Ultra-Rest Pro-Lock Down Fall-Away Rest, and a Lore Deluxe Stabilizer on it. So far so good.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:36 AM

Wayne very impressive set up and you got to be proud of those groupings. Any tighter and you'll be Robin hooding a couple of them :lol: Nice shooting. Your confidence has to be right there with them now.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

Nice set up Wayne. :)

I highly recommend you install a string loop on that bow. Short axle to axle bows like the Tribute really benefit. Your first couple groups are decent but they are showing signs of stringing vertically. At 30yds it will be real noticeable. A string loop will definately help tighten that up. Don't put a metal loop on there if you value the life of your components.

You also might eventually want to consider replacing the Stabilizer with an STS. They are lighter than Stabilizers and in my experience they improve accuracy to the point you don't need one ;)
Posted Image

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

Leo what's an STS? Got a http or picture?
Thanks Mark
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:14 PM

This is an STS

STS
Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

Sorry Wayne didn't mean to side swipe your thread - Leo that's what you're referring to. Are they fairly quiet? The string slapping it has to make noise doesn't it?

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 21 June 2006 - 01:40 PM.

#7 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:26 PM

No problem Rowdy. Thanks for the advice Leo. The release I am using, and really like is tough to use on string loop unless it real stiff. I am using the Winn Archery Glove style. It closes with forward pressure. Have thought about the STS, but it will have to wait until after vacation. Sweety has put the anchor out if you know what I mean. :lol: :lol: Of course forgiveness is usually easier than permission. :thumbsup: :D
Posted Image

#8 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:57 PM

Hey it's nice to say CONGRATS on the BOW-TECH! :D
Posted Image

#9 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

Looking good Wayne! You should give her a test drive in Colorado...Say around the end of September! :yes:
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#10 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:09 PM

Sorry Wayne didn't mean to side swipe your thread - Leo that's what you're referring to. Are they fairly quiet? The string slapping it has to make noise doesn't it?

I took my string silencers OFF shortly after I installed the STS. The bow got QUIETER.

The less stuff on your string the better they work.

Too bad about the loop conflict with the release Wayne. My Fletchunter is a push to close too, but it's not that tough to hook on with practice.

However, I do seriously like the looks of Carter's Quickie. It will be my next release, pretty sure.
Posted Image

#11 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

[quote=Leo,Jun 23 2006, 07:09 PM] [/QUOTE]
I took my string silencers OFF shortly after I installed the STS. The bow got QUIETER.

The less stuff on your string the better they work.

Too bad about the loop conflict with the release Wayne. My Fletchunter is a push to close too, but it's not that tough to hook on with practice.

However, I do seriously like the looks of Carter's Quickie. It will be my next release, pretty sure. [/quote]
Leo, I brought it to the wife's attention tonight that I would be "needing" the new STS Double in the near future. Didn't get much response so I'm taking it as a yes. :yes: I was wondering about the string silencer removal. STS says to do it but I wasn't sure. Thanks.
Posted Image

#12 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:05 PM

Got permission. The STS is on the way. WooooHoooooo. :D
Posted Image

#13 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

Hey Wayne,

Just to get you in more trouble. I found out the Winn Release now has a "Hook" model designed specifically for string loops :)

Same release only it hooks on the loop instead of push to close.

And BTW I did get the Carter Quickie I buckle strap model. Very nice :)

Edited by Leo, 13 July 2006 - 08:49 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users