7 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Well, as happy as I was with my new Kel Tec, it sure didn't last long. I say new, as in new to me, but it was actually a used one. Everything about it looked good but that all changed when I fired it! After 3 shots it jammed. Stove piped the cartridge and every cartridge after. Couldn't even chamber a round by hand! Soooo, I called the dealer, took it back, and he refunded my money. I put a bit more cash with that and bought me a brand new Kel Tec .32, from a differant dealer. This one works Posted Image and the local dealer even gave me a $30 discount for being a veteran. How cool is that? Posted Image No more used guns at gun shows for me!Posted Image

Here's pics of my new one and a pic of Jasons;

MY, Kel Tec P32 .32

Posted Image

JASON'S, Kel Tec P32 .32 with chromed slide

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 28 January 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

Sorry you got stuck with someone elses problems. Glad it worked out for you though.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:05 PM

Sorry you got stuck with someone elses problems. Glad it worked out for you though.

Thanks my friend. I was pretty disapointed after wanting one for so long but, as you say, it all worked out in the end and I now have a pistol that I can rely on. Posted Image You know? I was really touched by the shop's owner that I bought my new one from. I called ahead to see if he had one, and the price, and he asked if I was a veteran. When I said yes he told me I got the discount, a savings of $30. He wasn't there by the time I got there, out to lunch, but I thanked his wife for the veteran's discount. She said that they feel that if it wasn't for veterans, he wouldn't be able to sell guns in the first place. I told her about my bad exsperience with the one from the gun show and she told me if I had any problems at all that they'd see to it that things were set right. I'll tell you this much, he'll get my buiseness from here on.Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Can't beat brand new. :D

Is that the blued or Parkerized slide, Norm?

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:01 AM

Can't beat brand new. Posted Image

Is that the blued or Parkerized slide, Norm?

It's the blued slide but from what I've read, you can send it off to Kel Tec and have it either Parkerized or hard chromed for $75. I was lucky to find this one as every place is selling them as fast as they get them. The .380's are easy to find. Few want them because they have considerably more recoil and, at least around here, .380 ammo is practicly nonexistent . Also, this is a much upgraded version of the other one I had. Loaded it weighs just over 9 oz and the trigger breaks at 5 lbs. It's a mere 3/4" thick, it's 3 1/2" high, and 5.1' long. It is a real pleasure to shoot and surprisingly accurate. Like the credit card comercial, I won't leave home with out it. Posted Image First rule of a gun fight.....BRING A GUN! Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 February 2010 - 09:42 PM.

#6 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:37 AM

Nice pistol,glad it all worked out for you.Gun shows do have a few people working the booths that will burn a guy.......Seen it more than once,I never buy at a gun show,just look.
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#7 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

I can't remember where I saw it. But I read something right after I bought my first kel-tel about polishing the inside of the slide where it engages the frame rails, the feed ramp and the chamber. It could all be done with polishing sand paper and a pencil. Just fold the paper with a small square edge that fits the slide and work it back and forth till your brain starts to melt. Wrap a small peice of the sand paper around the eraser end of a pencil and work it in and out of the chamber and up and down the feed ramp until the machining lines are gone.

Essentially your breaking the gun in without shooting it. It wouldn't make sense for other guns, but the aluminum frame gets ate-up by the steel slide on the little kel-tecs. So, your making your gun run smoother and last longer for less $.

Also, after your first hundred rounds or so, you'll notice where the slide has begun to wear at the front of the frame. It'll put a sharp burr on it that can easily be smoothed with a small file (or sandpaper if you have lots of time). I loved my kel-tec for it's size, comfort, and accuracy, but, It isn't made for 1000's of rounds of practice IMO. Same goes for the LCP that I have now. Get it running smooth, then practice enough to be good and that's about it.

I also would recommend that you test that the spring fatigue issue I had with mine ( 3 years ago) isn't persisting with your new one. Chamber a round, carry it all day or two, then go to the range and shoot that same round that has been chambered. If you get a light strike that doesn't go bang, try ammo that has plain brass primers. If that still doesn't get it, find a gunsmith that'll put a stronger spring in there. I never did that (sold mine) but read plenty of goo dreviews about that fix.

If you're like me, you'll enjoy the process of perfecting your pistol. So here's my best wishes to you having fun.
Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

Nice pistol,glad it all worked out for you.Gun shows do have a few people working the booths that will burn a guy.......Seen it more than once,I never buy at a gun show,just look.

Thanks bud. As I said, I sure learned my lesson. I'm not buying anything used unless I can take it out and fire it first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users