• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

It was plenty cool outside but the Reds were biting. Gotta love winter reds!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

Congrats on that nice red. Living in central PA all our water is fresh. Right now it is pretty hard too, hard enough I saw several Amish children skating on it on Saturday. I have never tried ice fishing figuring that it would be a lot of work chopping a hole big enough for my boat.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:55 AM

Never fished for em Leo but that's a nice looking fish ya got there. I know they're good eating and wondered if they taste similar to any other type of saltwater fish?
Posted Image

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Phil I heard they taste like chicken. Chicken of the sea, no that was tuna.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

Never fished for em Leo but that's a nice looking fish ya got there. I know they're good eating and wondered if they taste similar to any other type of saltwater fish?

The are similar too a lot of different white fleshed fish. If you like Catfish and Bass you'll like Redfish. There is a slot limit on them in most states (minimum and maximum size) so be sure you know if you plan to keep one. This one fell right under legal max. Had a pile of spots too. Nine on one side and five on the other. The most spots I'd ever had on one before was eight total. Typically they only have one per side.
Posted Image

#6 wishbone

wishbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Nice one what did he chew on ? Our fishing should start heating up down here also..The last 4 four days have been in the 70's...
Fish Commission thinks that we lost at least 40% of our inshore snook during the freeze..Anyways I'll post some up as I catch them this year Posted Image
Mathews Bows/Easton Arrows
Shimano Reels/St.Croix Rods

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Nice fishy leo

bc

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#8 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

Nice one what did he chew on ? Our fishing should start heating up down here also..The last 4 four days have been in the 70's...
Fish Commission thinks that we lost at least 40% of our inshore snook during the freeze..Anyways I'll post some up as I catch them this year Posted Image

2" Rootbeer Gulp shrimp on a 1/4 ounce jig.

That's a tragedy if you lost that many snook. :( We don't have snook here so I'd have to go to Florida to chase them. Haven't fished for them in years.
Posted Image

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Congrats Leo. Has me looking in the tackle box and the closet at our rods.Posted Image

#10 wishbone

wishbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

2" Rootbeer Gulp shrimp on a 1/4 ounce jig.

That's a tragedy if you lost that many snook. Posted Image We don't have snook here so I'd have to go to Florida to chase them. Haven't fished for them in years.

I love the gulp shrimp and the crabs ,I use the 2" crabs in moulting for reds down here sometimes.
Mathews Bows/Easton Arrows
Shimano Reels/St.Croix Rods

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

I love the gulp shrimp and the crabs ,I use the 2" crabs in moulting for reds down here sometimes.

The crabs work pretty good here too. They are a good thing to have when they don't want the shrimp.
Posted Image

#12 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

Grats Leo!-that is a good eating size! We have a place on the coast where me and Frank frequently catch 40-50" reds--fun to catch but not worth a hoot as far as eating.

#13 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

i reallly realllly reallllyyyy miss saltwater fishing! when i lived in ga i spent every sat, and sun mornings from day break till well after midnight weather and wife permitting. i got a good gig here though with the hunting but man you can fish the coast year round!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users