18 replies to this topic

#16 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:02 AM

Some of us carry everytime we step outside. I carry a 4 inch barreled 1911 45acp. I carry hollowpoints that i loaded so I know they are consistant.There is a reason most police forces carry a 40s&w over a 9mm. I believe that I have said before that in a life or death situation there will be very little time for aiming ( no headshots) so aim for center of mass. I would like to hit center or real close to center of chest. The bigger the bullet the more damage. Break the breast bone and add the bone fragments to heart and lung damage.
MR300WM

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

So what do you guys think about the .327 Federal Magnum in a revolver? Taurus, I think Ruger and Charter Arms makes some small framed revolvers in that caliber that look interesting as a CCW. My only concern would be finding cartridges for one.

Edited by Spirithawk, 25 February 2010 - 06:41 PM.

#18 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

Can't help you there it is too new even for my newest reloading manual.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#19 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

While I find the .327 Fed Mag interesting, finding ammo would be a seriouse challenge, so it's really nothing more than a passing interest to me. I think if I do decide to add a heavier caliber handgun to my arsenal it will likely be an EAA Windicator, 4 1/2" barrel in a .357 mag. It's a solid made revolver for a very reasonable price. I still think too bulky to easily conceal but would be handy to carry in the car and when wearing a coat. Just kickin' around ideas looking for excuses to buy another gun. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users