35 replies to this topic

#16 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

guys im tellin ya turkey huntin is easy, get ya a four wheeler run the buggers down and pistol um. kapow deep fried turkey.

Maybe so, but personaly, I prefer the challenge of hunting them. Posted Image Also, that's not particularly legal anywhere I've ever heard of.

Edited by Spirithawk, 24 February 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#17 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Just saw another flock on my way to a town about 17 miles from home. There must have been close to 40 birds but I was in traffic so could not see if any were in strut or not.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#18 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

Just saw another flock on my way to a town about 17 miles from home. There must have been close to 40 birds but I was in traffic so could not see if any were in strut or not.

Cool Paul. Don't that just put a smile on your face?Posted Image

#19 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

It was really exciting to see that many birds but was a real letdown that they were on State Prison property so cannot be hunted.

#20 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:36 PM

Know that feeling Paul. There's a farm just down the highway that won't allow hunting. They put grain out for horses and mules. You should see the gobblers! Big ole birds with beards dragging the ground! Sure purdy to see though.Posted Image

#21 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

I was thinking of possibly doing a little really early scouting on Saturday but the weather seems to say no. Right now the wind is howling like a banshee and blowing the little bit of snow we got today all over the place. Infact just as I looked out the back door a really big gust blew just about everything off the back porch including the grill cover that I had not put back on from doing a couple of steaks last night. I had to get my heavy coat on and get a flashlight and go hunting the cover. I chased that dern thing near about all over the neighbothood till I caught it. We have just a little too much snow on the ground to do much scouting. We have about 6 inches and more expected tonight.

#22 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

I was thinking of possibly doing a little really early scouting on Saturday but the weather seems to say no. Right now the wind is howling like a banshee and blowing the little bit of snow we got today all over the place. Infact just as I looked out the back door a really big gust blew just about everything off the back porch including the grill cover that I had not put back on from doing a couple of steaks last night. I had to get my heavy coat on and get a flashlight and go hunting the cover. I chased that dern thing near about all over the neighbothood till I caught it. We have just a little too much snow on the ground to do much scouting. We have about 6 inches and more expected tonight.

I know the feeling Paul. We get just enough nice weather to tease us good. Then it's back to below normal temps and lots of wind. It keeps up we'll need a fish landing net to hunt turkeys. Just hold it up and let the wind blow them off the roost into it. Posted Image They're talking rain and sleet tonight. Way my joints feel I'd say they will be right.

Edited by Spirithawk, 25 February 2010 - 10:35 PM.

#23 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

With the weather overnight and so far today there will be no scouting trip this weekend. Last night it began to snow again and was and stll is very windy with still more to come. Oh well the snow blower is ready to go as soon as it lets up.

#24 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

I have not been out scouting yet, but I am starting to think about Spring turkey hunting. I just pulled my Double Bull blind up a few days ago. Need to get all my turkey hunting gear together and start getting ready. We always have fun taping turkey hunts, especially when they respond to calls.

#25 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Cool Mickey.Posted Image Tomorrow I'm headed to town to buy me a new turkey hunting vest. Our dog ate my old one! Posted Image

#26 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

Our dog ate my old one! Posted Image

Hey Norm do you think you could call my wife and tell her that's what happened to
mine also so I could get a new one. :rofl:

Edited by Eric, 26 February 2010 - 09:00 PM.

AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#27 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

I was at Wally World this afternoon and they had a turkey vest on sale for about $30.00 I did not look at it very closely though so can't comment on much more that the price.

#28 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hey Norm do you think you could call my wife and tell her that's what happened to
mine also so I could get a new one. Posted Image

I could try, it worked for me. Of course pieces of it scattered all over the yard helped too! Posted Image Posted Image

#29 JameyK

JameyK

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

I feel your pain, got mine out to find that apparently mice like camo material for nesting. Wonder if i can hit him with the blowgun?
Shootem in the face!!

#30 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

Cool Mickey.Posted Image Tomorrow I'm headed to town to buy me a new turkey hunting vest. Our dog ate my old one! Posted Image

Hope the dog is ok. Guess it was time for a new vest. 3:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users