35 replies to this topic

#31 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

I was at Wally World this afternoon and they had a turkey vest on sale for about $30.00 I did not look at it very closely though so can't comment on much more that the price.

Yep Paul, that's the one I'm looking at. Don't know how good a price that is but it's a fairly nice vest. At least it has all the features I'd like on one. Gonna take a harder look, and if I like it, buy me one. :)

#32 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:47 PM

Well Paul, I bought the one made by Remington at Wal Mart for $30. It has some fairly nice features. Besides special pockets that holds one box call, two slate calls, two strikers and two patch type pockets for other micelaneous stuff, it not only has the cushion to sit on but the back of the vest has a cushion sewn inside. No more friction burns on my back bone from leaning up against trees. Posted Image One feature I really like too is that accross the shoulders there's a slit with a large square of orange material that folds up and tucks inside out of sight untill needed. If carrying out a turkey, or just walking, you pull it out and it covers your whole back. To me that's a real nifty idea for safety. I'm ready to go huntin'!Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 27 February 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#33 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

I would say that is a great price. Most brand name vests hawked by the outdoor shows are two and three times that price. About 4 or 5 years ago Eric and I bought our vests at wally world for about 34.00.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 27 February 2010 - 04:26 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#34 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

I've seen a few meleagris gallopavo out and about... With their snow shoes on. Thinking ahead to spring gobbler season begins for me the day after deer season ends. :lol: I've already ordered and received some new camo clothing and a strutter decoy. But, even at that it's still just a little bit early to get too into it for me. If I got too fired up now I would likely be burnt out by the time MAY rolls around. :doh2:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#35 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Jere that is why I always plan my Kansas trip to coincide with their opening day which this year is April 14th and a nonresident can get two tags. Oh yea that certainly whets everything to a razor edge for opener here in PA. There is a bit of difference in hunting them in both places. I certainly like the flat land you have in Kansas but the bugs can be atrocious at times. Besides you can hunt them all day there.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#36 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

I really look forward to Paul's hunting trips to Kansas too, because he usually stops by here for a visit. Posted Image Getting ready for hunting season is part of the fun. I really enjoy the planning and anticipation. Always fun to check out the new gear in the stores too. Gives me something to do while Sameee shops and every now and then she lets me buy something. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users