2 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

Watching this you get to understand what a head game it is shooting on the line against some of the top indoor shooters. Nerves have to be rattled a bit. Personally I don't shoot competition but I enjoy watching the Pros at it.

While watching the video on the shoot out observe the body form each one of the Pro's are using, head position, foot placement and body core alignment to get a great lesson in form. Then check out some of the interviewers they did with the Pros on all sorts of things like arrows, releases, to practice regiments, etc. . Great stuff, enjoy.

Vegas 2010

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 23 February 2010 - 11:12 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Very happy for Dietmar. He's a heck of an archer.
(A little embarrassing that they spelled his name wrong. :doh2: )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:29 PM

Aah yes tournaments. I mostly shot in local tourneys but for several years I did shoot at PA state championships. All our shooting was at 20 yds at a bullseye target. Some of us were so conscious of our form that we would draw around our feet so we would place them precisely the same each round of shooting. I recall the pressure also. Many years ago a man by the name of John Williams was at the state indoor shoot. He had won the gold medal at the olympics that summer. Infact as I recall he was the first to win when they reinstated archery in the olympics. He got his stuff out and began his practice session and man I thought that is some kinda terrible as he was all over the target. When he stopped shooting he had shot his initials in the target. Show off.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users