RHAAS90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ( any chance I get)
    Fishing
    Dogs
    Archery
    I am trying my hand at video recording hunts and photography as well. I will try to upload as I go!!

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am looking for a good texas bobcat hunt. from outfitters to small ranches with a varmint problem... My goal is a cat with my new PSE.

Thanks,

Ryan
RYAN HAAS

(281) 702- 0126

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

I don't have any advice --- sorry Ryan but best of luck. That's one I'd like to try myself with a bow. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

Howdy Ryan!
I live in San Angelo, and I am a member of the fighting Texas Aggie class of 1980! Are you a student at A&M? My son is a sophomore in the Corps of Cadets. Man, your name sounds very familiar to me. Anyway, I used to go varmint hunting quit a bit several years ago. There are several guys around that still do. But, I do not know anyone that does it with a bow. Most of the people that I hunt deer and turkey with do so with a bow. While on a deer stand/blind, there have been rare opportunities at a bobcat. But, it has always been just my chance. Cats are usually called in at night and shot with a rifle. As you may know, there are several contests held around San Angelo each year, and the team with the most bobcats wins.

My brother is an outfitter in San Angelo, and a couple of his guides varmint hunt. But, they use electronic calls and rifles.

#4 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

get ya a black an tan and run that bob cat into a tree.

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:34 PM

Contact any of those game ranches in the area you are heading to.

If they have a carcass dump on the property they will most likely have a good supply of bobcat. Now that some are getting ready to drop babies the owners will not want them around all the fawns

bc

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#6 RHAAS90

RHAAS90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ( any chance I get)
    Fishing
    Dogs
    Archery
    I am trying my hand at video recording hunts and photography as well. I will try to upload as I go!!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Howdy Ryan!
I live in San Angelo, and I am a member of the fighting Texas Aggie class of 1980! Are you a student at A&M? My son is a sophomore in the Corps of Cadets. Man, your name sounds very familiar to me. Anyway, I used to go varmint hunting quit a bit several years ago. There are several guys around that still do. But, I do not know anyone that does it with a bow. Most of the people that I hunt deer and turkey with do so with a bow. While on a deer stand/blind, there have been rare opportunities at a bobcat. But, it has always been just my chance. Cats are usually called in at night and shot with a rifle. As you may know, there are several contests held around San Angelo each year, and the team with the most bobcats wins.

My brother is an outfitter in San Angelo, and a couple of his guides varmint hunt. But, they use electronic calls and rifles.

Howdy!
No sir I am a at Blinn right now as a sophomore and I am moving to San angelo in May. I will finish my schooling at Angelo State and spending time at our ranch just north of San Angelo. Its good to have someone from San Angelo to talk to. As you know, I am dying for a Bobcat ( anyway I can get one) but I have also just bought a new bow and I have been practicing ALOT! I am just anxious to get some good use out of it before deer season. So if you ever have any ideas around the angelo area or if there are any opportunities let me know. I will be totally new in town so any hunting opportunities I would be very interested. I wasnt aware of a bobcat contest... i guess thats why its good to have websites like this. Hope to keep in contact. Happy hunting!
RYAN HAAS

(281) 702- 0126

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users