• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

In Minnesota, stores are required to post a sign if they wish for you to not bring guns into the store. Now the great part is, I can choose to ignore the sign. If/when store employees notice that I have a gun, the must ask me to leave, or they can call an officer and have him ask me to leave. If I then leave, it is considered no harm-no foul. If I balk at the suggestion, I get a $25 misdemeanor citation, and it does not affect my carry permit. About 2 weeks ago, a man entered a grocery store, armed with a large kitchen knife. He passed on several women, stating he did not want to stab a woman, and attacked the first male employee he saw, who, of course, was un-armed. You never know when/where it could happen. When an attack happens in seconds, having cops just minutes away is not much of a comfort.

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

In Minnesota, stores are required to post a sign if they wish for you to not bring guns into the store. Now the great part is, I can choose to ignore the sign. If/when store employees notice that I have a gun, the must ask me to leave, or they can call an officer and have him ask me to leave. If I then leave, it is considered no harm-no foul. If I balk at the suggestion, I get a $25 misdemeanor citation, and it does not affect my carry permit. About 2 weeks ago, a man entered a grocery store, armed with a large kitchen knife. He passed on several women, stating he did not want to stab a woman, and attacked the first male employee he saw, who, of course, was un-armed. You never know when/where it could happen. When an attack happens in seconds, having cops just minutes away is not much of a comfort.

This is how it reads in Missouri;

In accordance with Section 571.107 RSMo., you may not carry a concealed
weapon in the following places:
any police, sheriff, or Highway Patrol office or station without consent;
within 25 feet of any polling place on Election Day;
adult or juvenile jail or institution;
courthouse or facilities;
any meeting of a government body (except by a member with a
concealed carry endorsement);
bar without consent;
airport;
where prohibited by federal law;
schools;
child care facility (without consent of manager);
riverboat gambling facility;
amusement parks;
any church or place of worship; without permission
of Minister or person representing religious organization
any sports arena or stadium (with seating for more than 5,000);
hospitals; and,
private or public property where posted.

Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of any of the
above-listed locations is not prohibited so long as the firearm is not removed
from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises.
Carrying a concealed firearm in any location specified above is not a
criminal act. However, you can be denied access to the premises or may
be removed from the premises for doing so. If a peace officer is summoned:
Upon the first offense, you can be cited and fined up to $100.
If within six months, a second offense occurs, you can be fined up
to $200, and your concealed firearms endorsement can be suspended
for a period of one year.
If within one year of the first offense a third citation for a similar violation
is issued, you may be fined up to $500, and your concealed
carry endorsement revoked. If your concealed carry endorsement
is revoked, you are not eligible for the endorsement for a period of
three years.

#18 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:06 PM

I love the way stores think they put up that sign saying no concealed weapons permitted they may as well be putting up a sign that reads ROB ME PLEASE asking everyone that is permitted to carry to leave them in the cars so if they do get robbed there is noone to help protect them
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#19 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

I open carry my 1911 pretty often in Utah, it is legal as long as it requires 2 actions to fire the weapon. I did get a concerned look from a teenage girl running the cash register at a small grocery store. I got compliments on my gun from the person running the register at sportsmans warehouse though!

#20 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Well, what these store manger's and big wigs, need to understand, at least in most cases such as here in Missouri, is what I exsplained to the Wal Mart manager. ( Yep, I had a talk with him today.) I exsplained that they don't just hand out Concealed Carry Permits. First I had to take a firearms safety course, taught by an NRA Certfied instructer, and I had to prove my ability to not just handle my weapon safely but also that I could hit what I was shooting at, all at a cost of $120. Then I had to pass, not only a local background check, but a Federal one as well. Then I had to pay another fee to the Sherrifs Dept. plus an additional fee the the National Background Check Fund. Not exactly like your every day crook that simply steals a gun and carries it illegaly for the purpose of robbing and killing people. I also exsplained that in the case of an emergency, a person with a concealed carry permit is very likely to be much closer than a cop. He agreed and promised to have a talk with the employees working the sporting goods dept. Guess I'll see how it goes next time I buy ammo.

#21 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Well, what these store manger's and big wigs, need to understand, at least in most cases such as here in Missouri, is what I exsplained to the Wal Mart manager. ( Yep, I had a talk with him today.) I exsplained that they don't just hand out Concealed Carry Permits. First I had to take a firearms safety course, taught by an NRA Certfied instructer, and I had to prove my ability to not just handle my weapon safely but also that I could hit what I was shooting at, all at a cost of $120. Then I had to pass, not only a local background check, but a Federal one as well. Then I had to pay another fee to the Sherrifs Dept. plus an additional fee the the National Background Check Fund. Not exactly like your every day crook that simply steals a gun and carries it illegaly for the purpose of robbing and killing people. I also exsplained that in the case of an emergency, a person with a concealed carry permit is very likely to be much closer than a cop. He agreed and promised to have a talk with the employees working the sporting goods dept. Guess I'll see how it goes next time I buy ammo.

Great job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users