• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Price $300 US
Tax 7% (?) $21 US
S&H $20 US
Courrier drop-off $5 US
Total $346 US / $367 cdn
Bridge fare to US and back $6 cdn
Customs (PST & GST) $41 cdn
TOTAL $414 cdn

Trip to Bass Pro or Cabela's priceless

Geoff / TBow

#17 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

I killed a few birds out of my Ameristep Doghouse - that's the circular spring type.&nbsp;&nbsp;i still use it when I'm running and gunning because it's light and sets up in two seconds.<BR><BR>I also have an Ameristep Brickhouse - hub type like the DB.&nbsp;&nbsp;Only problem with it is the windows.&nbsp;&nbsp;They have zippers and velcro which means you can't close and open them with birds in the close vecinity.&nbsp;&nbsp;The DB you can change the windows if a bird comes in from behind - you'd be AMAZED how many times that happens. <BR><BR>The Brickhouse - think I paid something like $130 for it?&nbsp; Not bad, but there is the window problem.&nbsp; Also killed a pronghorn out of it in Wyoming and a few whitetail here in Indiana.

Edited by Hatchet Jack, 04 March 2010 - 08:13 AM.

"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#18 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Browsing around I found out that the Double Bulls come in two heights. One is 67" and the other is 74" to accomodate recurve and longbow shooters I guess.

Anyone have any recomendations on interior height preferences? Is 67" adequate enough for a compound?

What heights are some of the other brands?

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#19 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:01 PM

Well I was back browsing on ebay and found one dealer that had DBs listed for $300 US (S&H included) BUY NOW. That would have kept everything under $375 cdn after all was said and done. They've still got some listed, but they're the 74" tall units. I'm debating whether I want the 74" or 67" high unit. The 74" units are supposed to be for recurve / longbow shooters.

They've also got 67" DBs listed for $250 to bid against, but you got'ta pay the $25 S&H with that one. I bid one up to $275 US, but someone overbid me at $295. I didn't quite understand that one. Why bid over $275 and pay $25 S&H, when you can BUY NOW for $300? So someone paid $295 + 25 S&H = $320. DUH?

It would have actually been cheaper for me to buy the bid unit for $275 + $25 S&H (= $300) as opposed to buying a $300 BUY NOW unit with free S&H. You're all likely saying, "WOW TBow, I think you're sypherin' is all realy messed up!"

See y'all aren't sypherin' using the Canadian buying American scale. If I buy a unit at $275 US plus $25 US S&H, I only pay the taxes at Canada Customs on the purchase price of $275. If I buy the $300 BUY NOW unit with FREE S&H, I pay taxes on the purchase price of $300.

SEE! "Ol TBow is smart like a fox!......only all that sypherin' is givin' me a headache! Posted Image

TBow.....or is that Gethro?....Bodine that is! Naught goesintu naught naught times!
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#20 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

As far as size, if you're going hub style - big blind - bigger is better. If I'm hauling a hub blind out, I want the biggest one I can afford. Gotta have room for my camp chair, cooler, magazines and books, calls,...
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#21 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

Tbow, I have had my double bull now going on 18 yrs. In fact I think it was one of the very first models that came out. At that time it was almost 400.00. Now the same model if you can find it is 125.00. Our Cabellas here have a model called the eclipse on sale for around 125.00 to 145.00. Big enough for 2 hunters comfortably. My original model will seat 2 but not comfortably with 2 bows. I usually borrow my brother in laws which is the Matrix. I think it is the upper class of the double bulls and it is nice. You can't go wrong with the double bull as far as lasting and camo pattern. Hey let me know and maybe I could get one shipped to you.

Steve

#22 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Well I missed out on the DBs on ebay for the $300 price. Procrastinated too long I guess. The ones I was looking at were the Dark Horse model in either 67" or 74" height. I guess I'll just keep checking in on ebay and see if there's anymore going on sale. Plus I'll keep checking on the Cabela's bargain bin and sale flyers too for any of the others suggested.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Geoff / TBow

#23 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

eBay link to the auction for Yukon blinds.

TBow these are some of the Yukon blinds on eBay that are priced below the DB. To me the top one the Yukon Tracks AV175 Enforcer elite is a good blind to compare.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users