4 replies to this topic

#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Sorry to sound like a broken record here guys, but allow a proud pappa to brag. Again.

This past Saturday was the annual Indiana Bowhunters Association (IBA) awards banquet; my family attended as usual. MR James is always there, and there's always a celebrity speaker, good food, contests, siminars, auctions, lots of fun.

The highlight of the evening came just after supper when the awards ceremony began. I nominated my son Case a few months ago and didn't really think anything more about it. Much. Anyway, shortly after we arrived Saturday morning on of the board members pulled me aside and told me that Case was to be honored this year as the Youth Sportsman of the Year. Well, I can tell you it was difficult for me to keep quiet about it and to hold in my emotions.

Anyway, they put his name and picture up on the big screen and in front of several hundred attendees - Hoosier bowhunters from all over the state and some from out of state - my boy was honored and awarded a very nice plaque, which now graces our living room.

Gotta tell ya boys, it gets a poppa right in the ticker.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

First, what in the heck are you apologising for????? If you didn't brag on your child when they do good then you'd be neglecting your job as a parent!Posted Image I don't care how old they are either, they never outgrow being your child. Nowwww, that out of the way, a great big congrats to both you and Case!Posted Image Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

That is sure something to brag about Congratultions to Case and to you as he obviously had a great teacher.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:20 AM

Here's the plaque he received:

Posted Image
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image Congrats to both of you!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users