Placed My Order

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

I stopped by J's Archery in Antigo this evening after work a placed my order for an all black Z7. Not sure on a couple other accessories yet, but I also ordered a black T5 Quiver and a DownForce rest.

I'm still in awe of how amazing the Z7 is. The grip is much smaller than I anticipated, which is a plus. The first time I shot it I was really shocked. The draw cycle really surprised me. It is very, very smooth, but the 80% let-off is a change (my Switchback is 65%). I couldn't believe dead the bow is on release. With nothing on it, it is quieter and has less vibration than my Switchback does all set up.

I'm getting a call tomorrow with the final price for ordering a black bow (we agreed it will probably be $50) and an approximate lead time. I'm pretty excited

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Another one bites the dust.
Phenomenal bow.

Seven weeks. :P

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

Congrats. All black looks pretty darn cool.

I shot one too back in November when the first hit the shop. I too was amazed on the draw and how quiet the bow was but the one I shot was dressed to kill because it was bought and the guy who bought was just getting it that day and he let me shoot it.

SO I'm guessing it is going to be less than seven week lead time on it. The guys at the M forum are getting them inside of that time for the most part and I heard that Mathews is putting out over 400 bows a week or a day I cannot remember which one it was but they are working both shifts to keep up the demand for the Z7 and the Monster versions.

Chrud are you keeping the Switchy as a back up? I could not part with mine and still have it.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 March 2010 - 09:38 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

The Z7 is a great bow. I like the all black as well.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

Cool Rowdy. I hope it brings you a ton of enjoyment bud.

#6 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:07 AM

Seven weeks.

I'd be OK with that. Unlike most folks, I'm not in a big hurry to get the bow. A longer lead time would give me more time to get everything else for it. Ordering it yesterday was actually a spur of the moment deal. I was planning on waiting a couple more weeks.

Chrud are you keeping the Switchy as a back up? I could not part with mine and still have it.

Yes, I'm going to keep my Switchy. There is a sentimental value with that bow and I can't part with it.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

I saw RickyM post of his two new bows and seeing them side by side made me realize how long that riser is on the Z7. For a relatively short ATA the riser being that long will make it feel like a bigger bow. Plus RickyM's Z7 is all black and from that photo an all black looked Posted Image .

Are You going with any other color for the strings and cables? Unfortunately that's an extra too but I really like how the string and cables held up on my Monster 6 and now on my M7. The smaller grip on this years bows is a real plus in my opinion. I can easily repeat the grip position with this new grip and I'm thinking I will not replace it. Although I have a TorqueLess to put on it I may not use it.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 05 March 2010 - 09:06 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 steelrain202

steelrain202

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

Sweet congrats. I just bought a Drenalin LD. I think I am gonna go for the Z7 later in the year. I ordered my dear wife a Passion the shop said the lead time was 2 weeks, it going on 3 now. She is driving me crazy.
Only the dead know the end of war.- Plato

#9 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

The shop called me on Friday. The bow is in! It took 14 days from the day I place my order until the bow arrived (Mathews gave me a 3 week ETA).

I'm having the sight and peep put on and will hopefully pick the bow up during lunch sometime this week.

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

The shop called me on Friday. The bow is in! It took 14 days from the day I place my order until the bow arrived (Mathews gave me a 3 week ETA).

I'm having the sight and peep put on and will hopefully pick the bow up during lunch sometime this week.

Congrats! I hope it brings you lots of joy.Posted Image

#11 Straightedge

Straightedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Early American History, Archery and Bowhunting, Faith and Family

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Will look forward to your review and pics.

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users