8 replies to this topic

#1 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

I just ordered a couple of Rinehart targets. The #415 (backyard series) Turkey and the Small Bear (competition target). If they are as good as the 18-1 target, I will be very pleased. Anyone here ever use these targets?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Micky I have the 18+1 or should I ad I have two. The first one I have and it still somewhat works to stop broadhead if I totally don't shoot the spots but in between them. I only shoot broadheads into them. They do hold up longer than any layered target I have tried.

I have not tried these two other targets but like you said if they are anything like the 18+1 I'd say you'll have them for a couple of years if you use only FT heads like for competition 3D.

I wonder how tall are those small bears? The turkey is about life size if I remember correctly.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:27 PM

The dimensions on the small bears are:
Total Height 28"
Chest Width 11"

For the turkey:
Height 19"
Length 21"
Simulated Wt. 14 lbs.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

The dimensions on the small bears are:
Total Height 28"
Chest Width 11"

For the turkey:
Height 19"
Length 21"
Simulated Wt. 14 lbs.

Thanks. Those bear targets are small but large enough for a fun and challenging target especially if it's placed for a challenge say at 30 yards and out.

I have a turkey target in full strut but it isn't a Rhinehart. It's about that height as this one and I have it facing out so I can practice head and neck shots on it. That's harder than it looks and this one isn't movin like a live one. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

The small bear is going to probably be owned by this guy. He is six now and loves to shoot his L'il Kodiak.
Posted Image

Trace is my hunting buddy. He does pretty much everything with me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

The small bear is going to probably be owned by this guy. He is six now and loves to shoot his L'il Kodiak.
Posted Image

Trace is my hunting buddy. He does pretty much everything with me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Trace has got the form thing down now --- I'm telling ya he looks deadly with that bow. You got something very special there Micky. Posted Image

#7 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:47 AM

Well, I had to order from another source. And, I had to switch from the small bear to the javelina. The turkey arrived yesterday and I am very impressed. Here is the javelina target:
Posted Image

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image Very nice and very appropriate!

#9 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:16 AM

Our bow club switched to Rhinehart targets two years ago - they're awesome - you'll love 'em.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users