• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

The season opens March 15th here so I went to go do some scouting and set up a couple blinds. This year, I can only hunt one of the farms I've been privileged to hunt these last ten years. The other farm cannot allow anyone but employees and family at this time. Trust me it's complicated and no one is mad at me. I am certainly bummed. So this year, I am concentrating all my efforts on one farm.

I got there and glassed the field for birds. Yep there's three. I put the long lens on the camera and snapped a couple photos. Sorry they are grainy but this was 400 yards and I didn't want to spook them.

Posted Image

Here you can see the one on the left's beard better.

Posted Image

I watched and waited from a safe distance and this dude strolled out.

Posted Image

Then I looked over at one of the blinds we put up earlier. We ARE NOT feeding these birds here. They just were there. This field is typically an afternoon strut zone. Birds enter it from all sides. The trick is to get in that blind before the birds enter the field. It's definitely not a sure thing even then. Thank the Lord they are even there! I'm gonna be looking out for these dudes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

:)- Good deal Leo, I wish you all the best. I went and did a little walking right before dark tonight to see just what was out and about but with the snow we still have and the time of the year around here it just doesn't look like things are moving much yet. :(
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

Oh Leo you are going to need some help. It is too bad I live too far away or I would offer my services. Those look like some serious longbeards
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users