• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

2010 may be the year for my finishing this slam

I had accomplished in taking 3 turkey species:
Eastern
Merriam
Rio's

On March 20, we will be traveling to Orlando Florida for Osceola turkey. We will also be in New Zealand, May 26-June 5th, for attempts on Feral wild turkey, red stag, ferel goat, arapawa sheep, fallow deer and Wild boar all these animals will be free range on the South Island of NZ

If I luck into both turkey species I will have closed my 3rd Grand Slam for SCI

Keeping my friends posted and wish us luck

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Good luck Marty!
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

Best to you on these hunts Mr. Bonecollector34! We all want to see any photos of you and your trophies. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

Whack em and stack em bro.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Good Luck and God speed to your travels.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

:bigthumb: Good luck Marty. I sure wish I was going with ya though. LOL
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Far out Dude! Sorry, 70's flashback.Posted Image Wishing you much success, safe traveling, and loads of fun Marty. Get er done.Posted Image

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

Well perhaps it is time to start talking about more group hunts within the troops. I will do an outfitter review on NZ and he is very very fair priced, much less then 1 would think I'll bet.

I would be able to do more group hunts if you guys want to play

I have access to some very reasonable hunt prices:

I will add that these are people I personally know and hunt with not people that I sell their hunts for:

1. New Mexico bear hunts with hounds
2. Wyoming lion hunts
3. Fully guided Alligator hunts including your tag
4. exotic hunting with Richard

& many more

I can also help you set up unguided antelope hunts here in Wyoming for no cost well your travel and tags but that is pretty darn cheap for the hunt

BTW thank you everyone for your nice works, i go with the intention to hunt hard and with luck fill some tags

BC

Edited by bonecollector34, 09 March 2010 - 06:02 PM.

Prostaff.jpg

#9 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Good Hunting Marty ! Hope you achieve your Grandslam.Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

Well perhaps it is time to start talking about more group hunts within the troops. I will do an outfitter review on NZ and he is very very fair priced, much less then 1 would think I'll bet.

I would be able to do more group hunts if you guys want to play

I have access to some very reasonable hunt prices:

I will add that these are people I personally know and hunt with not people that I sell their hunts for:

1. New Mexico bear hunts with hounds
2. Wyoming lion hunts
3. Fully guided Alligator hunts including your tag
4. exotic hunting with Richard

& many more

I can also help you set up unguided antelope hunts here in Wyoming for no cost well your travel and tags but that is pretty darn cheap for the hunt

BTW thank you everyone for your nice works, i go with the intention to hunt hard and with luck fill some tags

BC

Marty I have a question about the antelope hunt. Is it possible to bow hunt say over water holes out of a double bull blind on this hunt? If the lay of land allows for it a spot and stalk bowhunt would be a fun challenge. Can one do that too? I have the blind. One or two other guys here might want to do it. I'm in if it isn't too much moola.

Or is it more a rifle hunt that you're talking about. That might be something to consider too. What's the best cal. to use out there at those distances?

The NM bear hunt sounds like it would be a blast too. Anyone wanting to look into this one?

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 10 March 2010 - 01:34 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#11 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:06 PM

Of course Rowdy, these bow hunts with blinds really rely on patience and how much water we get in the spring. If we have full lakes and water holes everywhere then I would say you can do it but it is gonna be luck picking the right location. Right now we are still getting snow, and I will be out chasing lions again in the morning if it stops this evening. So might be another available water year but you just change tactics and success will still he there

Spot and stalk can happens as well, much the land near here is broken up. Area 46 and 47 have a lot of roll and hills to work into. Every year bar none I have had a great goat in archery range, but you just have to be in the field for the chance. if you interested I can help with you getting Hunter management access on these properties. I was out in area 47 last week talking to a land owner for Will and he was out with his cattle who are getting ready to calf but I will get with him as soon as he calls me. there is a lot of land to hunt regardless, honestly I am not sure how you would be successfull if you just stay in the field and give it what you have. We have a lot of goats

Rifle hunting you need something that will buck the wind not a 243, right Frank, I use a 7mm, 25-06 or my muzzle loader and I have plenty of rifles here to use if you wish to borrow one . Archers require an additional $10 archery tag and if you hunting stick and string in rifle season you must wear orange--those are the rules

The NM bear hunt with hounds is my lion hunting partners, son. He is an avid houdsman and they tree a remarkable amount of bear there in the Gila. He got 2 Booners in the last month of the season, that season runs in August and to Elk season, then stops and starts again once elk season is done. He guarantee you a bear in the tree or you hunt till you get one. If he is anything like his father he will be a hoot to hunt with no doubts all inclusive guiding, lodging, meals all you need is travel to location and your tag. They are trying to talk me into coming down this fall but I am not sure I have the time. In August, Hally has an alligator hunt in Florida and a Blacktail deer hunt in California

So many hunts so little time sir

BC

Prostaff.jpg

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

Thank you Marty. Great information. I have to make some decisions and find the time myself. You're totally on it when you said

So many hunts so little time sir

You are the Bonecollector! Good luck chasing the Lion.

#13 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:09 PM

Thanks let me know if I can be of any help

BC

Prostaff.jpg

#14 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

Break a leg Big guy! Cannot wait to hear the stories!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#15 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

Hunt was very educational and unique. Osceola's are awesome birds, unlike any turkey I have hunted. We were in the toms everyday---everyday. Closing this sub-chapter twice. We literally had to lay in the swamp mud for 3 days to even get the opportunities we had, but it paid off and I would do it again

Florida hunting regulations are you can only take a bearded turkey in the spring and we had several hens within 10 feet of us on several occasions.

We caught Hally's hunt in 1080HD from start to finish. He has hens that tried to pull him away from the decoys but he was locked in on the decoy and worked up. Still silent but his head was stone white and he was puffed up to maximum dimensions. Hally shut the door on him with the Benelli at 15 yards

We got excellent footage of raccoons, cooper hawks, 100's of swamp birds, lots of turkey and giant alligators

Hally needs 2 more turkey to achieve her Wild Turkey of the World Grand Slam for SCI (Eastern and a Feral wild turkey in New Zealand)

I need 1 (feral Wild Turkey in New Zealand)

This will be attempted in Late May while in NZL

BC

Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users