19 replies to this topic

#16 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

Congrats to both of you. okay can I ask please sir I'd like to see your photos pleasePosted Image Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#17 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hunt was very educational and unique. Osceola's are awesome birds, unlike any turkey I have hunted. We were in the toms everyday---everyday. Closing this sub-chapter twice. We literally had to lay in the swamp mud for 3 days to even get the opportunities we had, but it paid off and I would do it again

Florida hunting regulations are you can only take a bearded turkey in the spring and we had several hens within 10 feet of us on several occasions.

We caught Hally's hunt in 1080HD from start to finish. He has hens that tried to pull him away from the decoys but he was locked in on the decoy and worked up. Still silent but his head was stone white and he was puffed up to maximum dimensions. Hally shut the door on him with the Benelli at 15 yards

We got excellent footage of raccoons, cooper hawks, 100's of swamp birds, lots of turkey and giant alligators

Hally needs 2 more turkey to achieve her Wild Turkey of the World Grand Slam for SCI (Eastern and a Feral wild turkey in New Zealand)

I need 1 (feral Wild Turkey in New Zealand)

This will be attempted in Late May while in NZL

BC

That's great! Look forward to seeing some picts.
Posted Image

#18 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Of course gentlemen.

I was feeling kinda yuck during the hunt and it kept getting worse and worse. I went to the dr yesterday morning and I have a real good case of bronchitis and have been laying in bed ever since. I was supposed to be out this morning for mountain lion hunting but just wasn't able to get out of bed.

As soon as I get downstairs I will have some real nice pics to post. They are beautiful birds

bc

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#19 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:39 PM

Of course gentlemen.

I was feeling kinda yuck during the hunt and it kept getting worse and worse. I went to the dr yesterday morning and I have a real good case of bronchitis and have been laying in bed ever since. I was supposed to be out this morning for mountain lion hunting but just wasn't able to get out of bed.

As soon as I get downstairs I will have some real nice pics to post. They are beautiful birds

bc

If it's anything related to the yuck I had a couple weeks ago then take it easy! It was one persistent bug and I relapsed even though I was taking it easy. If you have even a hint of it returning after finishing your antibiotics then get started on another round of them. My sister-in-law, wife's aunt and a friend all relapsed on this bug. My wife is struggling with it now.
Posted Image

#20 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

Since putting me on an inhaler on Friday I have felt a bunch better. I am still a few days from doing much or getting the gym. Still coughing like no other and running a fever

Pics are too big to post on this system, they are posted on my facebook photos for those interested

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users