• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:49 AM

After a particularly stunning opener for me and my buddy things have not gone downhill.

Day 2 was my Buddy's turn to knock down two gobblers and both of these were MASSIVE!

Posted Image

19lbs 1-5/16" spurs 10 1/2" beard; 17lbs 1-1/8" spurs 11 3/4" beard!!!
Two absolute whoppers!

I heard one gobble way off the property I was hunting and couldn't find anything.

Day 3 was my turn.

It started off slow but by 9am things started to heat up. I spotted a group of hens enter a field with two groups of gobblers flanking them. I called and called. Marathon calling! Finally at 10am two of the gobblers peeled off the group and appeared to be heading my way. They entered the woods and I lost sight of them. I keep calling. At 10:30am one of them pops out of the woods and commits to coming in.

Posted Image

He gets nervous but it's too late.

Posted Image

Down for the count.

Posted Image

Another great lowcountry gobbler!

Posted Image

18lbs, 7/8" spurs, 9-1/2" beard.

Wow what a season we are being blessed with this year! I am so thankful!!!
Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Wow very nice birds indeed Leo, great hunt and shooting---congrats. The colors on these birds are very cool too. Posted Image Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:52 AM

Wow Leo you are really wacking and stacking. Is the one you got some sort of hybred? I ask because two turkeys I shot in Kansas were marked similar with the ends of the tail feathers like yours colored an off white. A game protecter there in Kansas said most likely those were a cross between eastern and Merriams as Kansas has both.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

Wow Leo you are really wacking and stacking. Is the one you got some sort of hybred? I ask because two turkeys I shot in Kansas were marked similar with the ends of the tail feathers like yours colored an off white. A game protecter there in Kansas said most likely those were a cross between eastern and Merriams as Kansas has both.

Good eyes. Many of our birds are eastern/osceola hybrids.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users