Here It Is

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

I got the call on Friday that my Z7 was in and I stopped during my lunch to pick it up today. The black bows look pretty nice in pictures, but they look amazing in person. Hopefully I'll have some time after work this week to do some shooting.

Here is a quick run-down of my setup:

- Mathews Z7
- 70/28
- Mathews DownForce Rest
- Mathews T5 Quiver
- Spot Hogg Real Deal Sight
- 808 Bowsling
- Stealth Stabilizer
- GT Pro Hunter 75/95 (125 Grain Points)
- Flex Fletch Vanes

Posted Image

Edited by Chrud, 22 March 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#2 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

Nice looking bow. Congratulations.

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:32 PM

I like it. :thumbsup:
When does mine arrive? :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 David Clayton Harrison

David Clayton Harrison

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:God, archery and hunting, and family

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Very nice! I like it!

#5 Straightedge

Straightedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Early American History, Archery and Bowhunting, Faith and Family

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:50 AM

schweet schweet schweet

:thumbsup:

#6 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:13 AM

Nice...............................
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

Wow!!!
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

Posted Image Posted Image That dog will hunt Posted Image Congrats!
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

Pretty darn cool! Congrats.

#10 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:02 PM

After a few days I already have a different sight on the bow. I took the Copper John Scimitar off my Switchback and put it on my Z7. I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but it is just for a little "R & D". The CJ is a bit longer than the Spot-Hogg, which I think will be a huge plus. With the Spot-Hogg, I'm already just about out of vertical adjustment with my top pin (20 yards). I haven't really been serious about sighting in, but I have the sight housing elevated all the way and the pin almost to the top of the housing and I'm still slightly high. I can't stand having my top pin that high, so I'm going to give the CJ a shot. If it works, I'll likely get another or something very similar. Plus, I'm not liking the individual pin adjustment on the Spot-Hogg. I've tried each pin, and none of them stay in place when tightening the set screw.

Otherwise, after 100 or so shots, I'm still amazed. The draw cycle is still taking some getting used to (the 80% let-off is a change). The speed is nice, it is noticeably faster than my Switchback, even though I am using a heavier arrow. The biggest plus is how quiet the bow is. The bow is simply amazing.

#12 Straightedge

Straightedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Early American History, Archery and Bowhunting, Faith and Family

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

After a few days I already have a different sight on the bow. I took the Copper John Scimitar off my Switchback and put it on my Z7. I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but it is just for a little "R & D". The CJ is a bit longer than the Spot-Hogg, which I think will be a huge plus. With the Spot-Hogg, I'm already just about out of vertical adjustment with my top pin (20 yards). I haven't really been serious about sighting in, but I have the sight housing elevated all the way and the pin almost to the top of the housing and I'm still slightly high. I can't stand having my top pin that high, so I'm going to give the CJ a shot. If it works, I'll likely get another or something very similar. Plus, I'm not liking the individual pin adjustment on the Spot-Hogg. I've tried each pin, and none of them stay in place when tightening the set screw.

Otherwise, after 100 or so shots, I'm still amazed. The draw cycle is still taking some getting used to (the 80% let-off is a change). The speed is nice, it is noticeably faster than my Switchback, even though I am using a heavier arrow. The biggest plus is how quiet the bow is. The bow is simply amazing.

Chrud, is the bow equipped with the same accessories as was your Switchback in terms of items which might affect noise? In comparing the two, are you shooting the same rest, limbsavers, string stop, etc?
I currently have an S2 and wonder about the difference.
Posted Image

#13 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

Chrud, is the bow equipped with the same accessories as was your Switchback in terms of items which might affect noise? In comparing the two, are you shooting the same rest, limbsavers, string stop, etc?
I currently have an S2 and wonder about the difference.
Posted Image

The Z7 comes standard with a Dead End String Stop, Monkey Tails and a Harmonic Stabilizer. My Switchback doesn't have any of those, but it does have Limbsaver Ultra's on the limbs. The rests are different on the two bows. The only similarity is the stabilizer, which is a 6", 10 ounce Stealth on both. I'm not sure how much of a noise reduction there is from the DE, Monkey Tails or the HS. They all reduce vibration, which will result in a quieter shot. All three items can be purchased for a Switchback. The only one I would recommend is the Dead End though. My Z7, fully loaded, is noticeably lighter than my Switchback without a quiver.

I drew both bows side-by-side the other day and was surprised. The draw cycles are relatively similar. It is comparing apples to oranges though, as they are not the same let-off. The Z7 has a MUCH better balance than the Switchback. My SB, without a quiver (older style Arrow Web QD) is very top heavy. The top falls forward and to the right after the shot. The Z7 very well balance, with a little extra top weight. The biggest difference is the shot. The Z7 has a much more "dead" feeling on the release and is significantly quieter than my SB. The Z7 seems to have a harder wall also. And, the grip on the Z7 is much nicer than the SB.

In my opinion, there hasn't been a big enough positive difference in the Mathews bows since 2005 for me to upgrade my Switchback until the Z7 came out. I really liked the DXT, but there was only about an 8 FPS difference. The silencers the Z7 comes standard with can all be purchased for an S2/SB. It will be difficult for Mathews to top the Z7 (I know, we say that about every bow). It is, in my opinion, the total package.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users