RHAAS90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ( any chance I get)
    Fishing
    Dogs
    Archery
    I am trying my hand at video recording hunts and photography as well. I will try to upload as I go!!

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

Howdy,

My name is Ryan Haas. I am 20 years old and am moving to San Angelo, Texas. I am interested in anything to do with hunting or fishing. I have hunted with rifles until just recently I am very excited to get ito bowhunting. I just bought a new PSE and I am anxious to break it in. I just feel at home being outside and theres no better way than hunting or fishing. Im easy going and I am interested in learning new things and meeting good people who share this passion like I do. I am always looking for opportunites or deals so if anything crosses your mind, you can share with me.

God Bless!
RYAN HAAS

(281) 702- 0126

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

Howdy, welcome to the forums. Sounds like you'll fit right in here. There's both lots of good people and lots of exsperience. Feel free to ask anything most likely someone here will have an answer.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

Posted Image Hey Ryan! This place has some great folks to share stuff about the great outdoors and there are some bowhunters here that really been at for long long time.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

A big old PA Dutch welcome to ya. Can't help you with Texas hunting though I have been there twice. I was in the San Antonio area Lackland AFB once for Basic training and later for technical training. Was also through the pan handle on my way to New Mexico and back. Oh I was in El Paso too on a walk in visit to Mexico. Wouldn't try that right now though. Glad you are here . If you want to know anything about the Amish or shoo fly pie or perogies just ask.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hey, would you know where Tatum, Texas is? That's where all my relatives are from on my mother's side. Posted Image

#6 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:09 AM

Howdy Ryan. I know that we have sent a few private messages back and forth, but welcome anyway. As you know, I am from San Angelo. I have been a bow hunter for years. There is a decent archery club here. The Outdoorsman has a great archery shop. San Angelo State park offers some pretty good public hunting opportunities. And, there is some great private land (pay to hunt) hunting around San Angelo. My brother is an outfitter and manages some 55,000 acres in the San Angelo area. We have done some video work and he has several of the hunting shows out every year. Primos, Mathews tv, Mossy Oak are among those. You can check out his website at McCrea Outdoors if you like.

#7 RHAAS90

RHAAS90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
    Fishing
    Dogs
    Archery
    I am trying my hand at video recording hunts and photography as well. I will try to upload as I go!!

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

Howdy Ryan. I know that we have sent a few private messages back and forth, but welcome anyway. As you know, I am from San Angelo. I have been a bow hunter for years. There is a decent archery club here. The Outdoorsman has a great archery shop. San Angelo State park offers some pretty good public hunting opportunities. And, there is some great private land (pay to hunt) hunting around San Angelo. My brother is an outfitter and manages some 55,000 acres in the San Angelo area. We have done some video work and he has several of the hunting shows out every year. Primos, Mathews tv, Mossy Oak are among those. You can check out his website at McCrea Outdoors if you like.

Thanks micky for your info... ill definately check out the archery opportunities when I get there. Are you in the archery club? Im new to the sport but I am really excited to get some experience and make some memories. Thanks again!!!
RYAN HAAS

(281) 702- 0126

#8 RHAAS90

RHAAS90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
    Fishing
    Dogs
    Archery

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hey, would you know where Tatum, Texas is? That's where all my relatives are from on my mother's side. Posted Image

No sir, I am unaware of Tatum, TX. Why?
RYAN HAAS

(281) 702- 0126

#9 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

San Angelo is about 400 miles West of Tatum. Ryan, I am a member of the Concho Valley Archery Association, but I do most of my shooting at my house. I live in the country and have plenty of room.

Edited by Micky, 07 April 2010 - 05:55 AM.

#10 highlonesome

highlonesome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

I just found this site. I split my time between San Angelo and Eldorado. There is quite a bit of public land to hunt. Twin Buttes and O.C. Fisher produce fine deer. I run a few hunts per year at our ranch near Eldorado. Lots of good folks out here.
Posted Image

Come as our guest.
Leave as our friend.

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

I just found this site. I split my time between San Angelo and Eldorado. There is quite a bit of public land to hunt. Twin Buttes and O.C. Fisher produce fine deer. I run a few hunts per year at our ranch near Eldorado. Lots of good folks out here.

Welcome highlonesome!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users