2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

Has anyone else with an xbow tried using mechanical broadheads? I have an old Jennings Devastator, 150lb draw, and have had very poor results with a few differant brands. I've yet to recover a deer I've shot with one. I can't be positive but I'm thinking, because it slings an arrow so hard, that they are opening before impact. I know I can't put any kind of string silencer on it. First shot they just go poof and disapear. Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:42 AM

Norm I have read a bunch of posts here and there on that subject. I use fixed broadheads on mine and have good results on target any way. I have not got a deer yet with mine so I have no personal experience with the crossbow and a deer. I do know that they shoot very fast and have a very short length of thrust to attain that speed so it may be that a mechanical broadhead will open before impact.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

I still use the old Razorbak3's with my crossbow. I found that the spinning blades helped. I bought all of them I could find when they discontinued them. Haven't used all of them yet so I haven't had to find new ones. They have the new crossfire that has the spinning blades. May try them. they are 25 grains lighter than the 125 grain tips I am using. might even gain more yardage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users