• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bdantoin

bdantoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

My brother and I are going to texas for hogs and we were wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to go. This will be our first hunting trip and our first experience dealing with outfitters what can we expect? Thanks and can't wait to hear from you?

#2 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

just drive around the back roads at night they like to run into your front end. oh and when you do kill one make sure to hunt the carcass the following night for coyotes!

#3 bdantoin

bdantoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:34 AM

just drive around the back roads at night they like to run into your front end. oh and when you do kill one make sure to hunt the carcass the following night for coyotes!

Thanks but was really looking for names of outfitters to get in touch with.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

My brother and I are going to texas for hogs and we were wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to go. This will be our first hunting trip and our first experience dealing with outfitters what can we expect? Thanks and can't wait to hear from you?

Welcome!!!

I'm not much help on this one cause I haven't been to the Republic to hunt. There are several guys on here that have and can tell you a few outfitters to look up.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 bdantoin

bdantoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

Thanks and can't wait to hear from them any help will be much appreciated.

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Thanks and can't wait to hear from them any help will be much appreciated.

I was out on another hunting forum site today and saw this post and thread Dos Plumas and the Outfitters web site Dos Plumas. I don't know anything about it but what these guys said in the posts. It is a high fence place and you can make it a challenge by how you approach it, like what weapon, etc..
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 bdantoin

bdantoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

Thanks a lot Rowdy but my brother and I decided on all about u ranch in Oklahoma and I will let you know how we do Thanks again

#8 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

You won't find any shortage of hogs. I would not pay anyone to hunt hogs unless you are looking for big trophy tusked hogs. Most places will allow you to hunt hogs while you hunt exotics.

So for the same price of a hog hunt, say $500

You can negotiate a axis does hunt and able to hunt hogs while hunting the doe.

Market price on axis does are about $300-350 hunting them all day and hunting hogs in the evening with red lights or just plain spot and stalk

But regardless, with a little bit of homework you can get a good bang for your buck

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#9 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

I was going to say most farmers and ranchers I know in Texas would let you hog hunt for free. They just want to get rid of them. I have a few different places to hunt hogs down here within 2 hours of Abilene. I pay about a 300 dollars a year between two of those spots, but that's to shoot a deer as well. Good luck in Oklahoma though! Let us know how it goes.

BT
BrandonT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users