• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

While working the other day filling pivot tracks I Posted Image found two antelope sheds and a small whitetail shed in the same field. It's a rare find to me because antelope sheds don't last long in the elements let alone rodents and predators chewing them up. I have only found a half dozen in my life that has been complete. I would love to have something a lot more rare and that's a picture of an antelope after he has lost his horns because I have never seen one without his horns.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

We found some old sheds on our antelope hunt near Laramie 2 yrs ago and 1 skull. The Taxidermist who was hunting with us picked a couple up to have some creative fun in mounting them to a different species. I was surprized that a couple of the doe antelopes had small button horns.
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

That's something rare to me too. You never see antelope horn being displayed like you do antlers. Posted Image That's for sharing.Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Cool finds.........................I have only found one antelope shed in my time so far....(They are a hard find!)
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users