#1 David Clayton Harrison

David Clayton Harrison

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:God, archery and hunting, and family

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

Yesterday was allot of fun. I met a bunch of folks who love archery also, I did not realize there were so many people who enjoy it as much as I do! I did a 3-D event, I shot 224 on 25 targets. I was having a really great shoot, but started getting tired toward the end, and 2 of my final shots I shot only 5s on. I had allot of 10's and 3 12's. and several 8's. This was my 4th 3-D event, I paid 15.00 to do the shoot. To get in on the competetion shoot, it was $35 so I just did the fun shoot for 15.00. I was very pleased with my shots. I hit another 12 ring, but it only counted as a 10 because some lanes were upper and some were center and some were lower. So I hit 4 12s in all, but 3 counted as 12. It was in the woods in Alabama, and some of the lanes were really interesting. One was a camp site with a tent, and a man in a lounge chair( a dumby stuffed man) and a fake campfire with a rotercy with a pig on it upside down, to shoot at, so the rings were not where you would expect, Several lanes were shooting over deep valleys, and one was a leapard on a slanted log. One hard shot was a turkey, and the 12 ring was in his bottom, like dead center , the turkeys exit hole, you know what Im saying, well, I hit below it and got a 5 on that target, the turkey was facing away. It was so much fun, seriously, go do a 3D soon! I drew a prize when it was over, I drew a new Mathews hat. I was happy with that, but wish I would have drew a bow. They had a few bows they gave away, and over 200 venders and businesses supplied prizes. It was catered by Tinkers BBQ , and I really enjoyed the shoot! I am going to the R-100 on May 1st and 2nd, in Wetumpka, Alabama with my wife. Well have a good day, and go do some 3-Ds, they are so much fun, and I am better this year than last year, which really makes me happy. Archery relieves stress, and builds confidence, but its not free. You have to invest time practicing, frequently, and on a steady basis! Several of the lanes were up hill and down hill and shooting between trees. It was challenging. One lane was shooting out of a tree stand up on a hill but low to the ground, shooting at a deer or a bear target down below, across a small valley. Every lane was really well thought out! It was the best shoot I have ever been to, out of the 4 in all. It was put on by Bow Hunters of Alabama.

Edited by David Clayton Harrison, 11 April 2010 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

I haven't done one before. I've stayed away from events for some odd reason or two. After reading your fun time makes want to try it though. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users