starting to wonder if there are any other ladies on here
I traded diamonds for dog tags.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

There might be be but they must be awfully shy....it'd be nice to get some female insight on hunting related issues more oftenPosted Image ?
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:35 AM

There might be be but they must be awfully shy....it'd be nice to get some female insight on hunting related issues more oftenPosted Image ?

X2 Phil.

Most of these guys on here definitely show respect towards each other. The ladies that are on here shouldn't have to worry about it. I speak for myself and I'm sure for some other members, if anything they are very welcome and would enjoy the ladies view point all sorts of things here.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

There are several female members, but it seems none are actively posting... At least not in this forum. I know Melody hasn't been around since stepping down as a mod. Vickie sends me messages to let me know she is still around watching things, but not posting much because she is busy these days. Tina-Marie... Not sure there. Doog mostly just uses the chat room.

Honestly though, most of the gals here, much like the younger members, have generally posted in the other forums that pertain to the topics they are interested in and hardly use their own forums anyway. I've long considered axing the women and youth forums for this very reason. On one hand, I like the idea of them having something of their own. There are some topics and issues that pertain only to those groups. (Women tend to have a hard time finding gear and clothing that is specifically designed for them, for one example. So, that is one thing that I would expect to be discussed a lot in a forum like this.) But, on the other hand, I don't want it to seem like they are being segregated 'cause that sure isn't the point or purpose. We don't have a "tall people" forum or a "brown, curly hair" forum though. So, sometimes I wonder.

As a female of the outdoors, what is your opinion of having a forum designated specifically for women, Brandi? Good idea? Bad idea? Any suggestions are welcome. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

I'll try to answer for Melody (she's in Reno teaching classes and doing demos for the military food service convention this week and didn't take her laptop with her). It's more a function of time management. As the ministry that we run continues to grow, we are getting busier and busier and have to make choices on how we spend what little free time we have these days. She does check in here every once in a blue moon but mostly I keep her up to date on events here at HR.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 ArmyWife

ArmyWife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

Sorry I havent gotten back sooner but I have been recovering from foot surgery. Jer, I do agree that no one should feel as though they have to be limited to where they can post. I have to say that I agree with the fact that having a womens forum is good because then we can post out points of view and ideas as well as help each other find things we could use for hunting. It could also be a place where we can talk about our hunting trips, our family, give advice, as well as so many other things I cant even list. Yet I am just flustered because I tend to stick to womens forums more then anything else and when I am the only one posting in here it kinda sucks. I love having other females to talk with about hunting and thing in general. However, I also understand if you were to remove this section from the lack of people posting stuff.

I traded diamonds for dog tags.

#7 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Love fishing, camping, and soon will be out hunting. :)

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:22 AM

wow, sure i'd taken this up a year ago. then, maybe, i would have been able to reply to this thread and kept some females around.

#8 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:25 AM

one more thing, I like the idea of having a place on here for females to comment and talk about their experience. i know sometimes it's hard to talk to my husband about this stuff.

#9 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

I'll be around a little more - time management is better now but......just found out I have carpal tunnel - not good!

#10 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:59 AM

hi vcross, nice to hear about you coming around more often. sorry to hear about your carpel tunnel, does that make typing mmore difficult? how did you get it?

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Women BEWARE nearly all the guys also read what is posted in the womens and even the youth sections. Guess that is what is called equal opportunity. Sine none of us are your husbands we may be able to help someone here even better than your spouse. A spouse may be a bit quick to dismiss a question or comment as less than brilliant but to an outsider to the family it may be just something we can jump into and clear the question right up. There are some areas that definately can be best answered by another female and it is my hope that we males can determine which is which.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#12 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

My husband thinks I can do anything which is probably a contributing factor in many things I never thought I could or would do. Remember a little encouragement goes a long way!!! Men - Beware what you say!!!!

#13 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

My wife goes hunting with me two or three times a year I think the main reason she doesn't go more is she doesn't like the cold our hunting season seem to be in a cooler time of year.:hunter:

#14 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

I'm working on getting my wife into hunting, but it's a one step at a time thing. Right now we're focusing on the .22's and marksmanship.... Then when she gets really good and comfortable, she's gonna move up to probably a .243.... but for now the .22 is ALOT cheaper on the pocket book LOL
Semper Fi

#15 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:03 AM

My wife is not only a better shot than me she can pick out the game better.:blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users