Let The Drooling Commense...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:37 PM

Dad won these two Henry's on a single gun raffle ticket a couple weeks ago.

A .22 LR Golden Boy and a .44 Mag Big Boy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was so happy for him when he called to tell me. (He didn't know he had won. He only bought the ticket 'cause the proceeds went to a youth program of some sort, if I remember correctly. The raffle organizer called HIM to tell him his ticket had hit. God bless them for their honesty.) Dad insisted I go with him to pick these guns up. He knows my affinity for such firearms. (Love my Marlin .45/70!) I don't get out much these days, but I was happy to go. (Had never been to this gun store before either, so I figured it would be an adventure.) To my surprise, dad made me fill out the paperwork. Yep, he gave both of these rifles to me. :o He said he figured that's where they would end up eventually anyway. I suppose it's not that big of a deal either way because they are just going to be for looking and not shooting. So, what difference does it make who's house they are in? He can visit them any time he likes. :D

All I can say is you really need to see them in person to appreciate the character of the walnut and the sheen of the brass. I almost wish they hadn't been test-fired at the factory. But, I did clean them up and return them to their boxes until I find suitable displays. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:50 PM

Henry's are nice rifles and congrads on the trophy's...................My brother-in-law has the .22 mag Henry,it has beautiful workmanship too.
You have a great Dad to do this for you my friend.....(thumbs up)Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image Jealously will get me nowhere !
Congrats to your dad on winning....and being an example of giving from the heart!Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:21 PM

Awesome Jerimiah. See, good things DO happen to good people. Congrats to you and your dad.Posted Image

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

Congrats to your dad, Jer. If you don't find a suitable place for them, I'll definately give them a good home! Posted Image

#6 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

SAWEET! Congrats to you and your dad.

I've always said, " There's nothing like getting a new toy to perk up a body's spirits!".

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

I have handled those two models at the local gun store and they are an incredible rifle. Love those lever action rifles too, congrats to you both and enjoy them for a long long time in your collection.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Congratulations to you and your Dad,Jeremiah. They will indeed make a beautiful display. Although it matters little what I think, I do believe you and your Dad should take those fine rifles to the range or hunting or both, shoot em until you get tired. Enjoy them together, doing what they were made to do, And building memories with your Dad and adding Character to those guns. 20-30 years from now, you might be glad that it was you and your dad that enjoyed a warm spring day at the range running a few rounds through those guns. Value added in my opinion.

#9 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:33 PM

Jer, I agree with mudduck.
Beautiful guns, would love to own em myself.
But I'd be runnin lots of rounds through them.
They are yours, do what makes you happy. Posted Image

If ya don't mind me askin, what do those puppies bring at the dealer?

Edited by J Gabel, 16 April 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:54 PM

Talk him into come getting a buffalo with that 44 in the beautiful state of Wyoming

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#11 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:11 AM

Congratulations to you and your Dad,Jeremiah. They will indeed make a beautiful display. Although it matters little what I think, I do believe you and your Dad should take those fine rifles to the range or hunting or both, shoot em until you get tired. Enjoy them together, doing what they were made to do, And building memories with your Dad and adding Character to those guns. 20-30 years from now, you might be glad that it was you and your dad that enjoyed a warm spring day at the range running a few rounds through those guns. Value added in my opinion.

I'm with Jeff....the 1st time I read your post Jere I envisioned myself easing through the knee deep snow in the creek bottom thickets with the 44 in hand trying to push some whitetails to Paul/Eric/Judd/Seth....then jump shooting a big buck as he broke cover before the others had a chance to miss him!Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:00 AM

I to would shoot them and collect the memories.
MR300WM

#13 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Congratulations to you and your Dad, Jeremiah. I tend to agree with those that say shoot them and make memories, unless it is your Dad's wish to not shoot them at all.

#14 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

We're both on the same page that there will be no shooting these. :no:

MSRP on the Golden Boy is $515 and $899.95 on the Big Boy.
Of course, the store we picked them up from retails them at $430 and $680 respectively.

I'd feel much better about picking up one of these for shooting and generally abusing. :D :D :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#15 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

Congratulations to you and your Dad. I do respect your decision to not shoot those rifles. I have some in my cabinet that were gifts and are very expensive collector items and just wish they were mint condition.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users