7 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Turkey Season is almost here!Posted Image Our season opens this monday. Jason and I are starting out at the Drury-Mincy Wildlife Area where he nailed his 30 lb Gobbler opening day of last year's season. If no luck there then tuesday morning we'll hunt accross the road from my house. We know we have a real good chance of harvesting a bird or two there but we're saving that spot untill after giving public land a try. I have a new friction cal and a new turkey vest and I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning for Santa. Posted Image Jason is chomping at the bit too. Altough we deer hunt together, there's just something very special about turkey hunting together. Of all the hunts I've been on, in over 30 years of hunting, the one I cherish most was getting my first gobbler when Jason and I scored a double. Everything about that hunt, from start to finish, was simply awesome. The weather should be perfect this coming week, overcast and temps around 70. If we score you all can count on a story and pics.Posted Image

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

Best of luck to you both.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:47 AM

Good Hunting Norm!Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:39 AM

Good luck Norm. We will be with you in the Spirit of the Hawk
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Thanks guys. Jason and I hunted hard this morning but unfortunately the weather was against us. It turned cold and rainy. We heard a few half hearted gobbles but the birds got real quiet real fast. After walking our legs off we finally found one good gobbler but he had his own harem with him and was not interested in anything we tried. Turkeys in general were not responding to calls at all. We were not the only ones who got skunked as no one we talked to saw any birds at all. Oh well, that's why it's called hunting and tomorrow is another day. Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 19 April 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#6 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

the best thing that could happen to you is you hunt the entire season and shoot one in the last hour of the hunt.

#7 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:28 AM

Reports? 04/20? 04/21 ?
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:57 AM

So far the weather has been against us. Rain, rain and more rain so haven't been out the last couple of days and rain again today. We needed it but it sure put a damper on hunting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users