• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

bought a box of winchester accubond bullets for my 7mm rem mag a few months ago, and so far i have shot a little over half a box. i was cleaning out my ammo closet and discovered that the tip of one of the bullets had been broken off the main bullet. so my question is have any of you guys had quality issues with winchester in the past? im currently trying to find contact information for winchester, but to no avail. i wrote a email to sportsmans wharehouse where i bought the box. im interested in how this will be handeled by winchester. at 50 dollars a box i expect to hear back from them, but if i dont thats ok because i have been interested in trying other rounds anyways.

Posted Image

Edited by timothy, 18 April 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Ballistically speaking, the tip is not nearly as important as the back end of a bullet, although your situation should not have occurred. I would expect Winchester to remedy it.

#3 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Superglue
MR300WM

#4 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:17 PM

luckily i look at each round before shooting it, i dont know if that bullet would hurt my gun but im not taken a chance.

#5 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:56 AM

The bullet will not harm your gun. The plastic tips main job is to aid in the expansion of the bullet. It also helps with wind resistance but not that much. Most match bullets are hollow points.I would think that the bullets are made by Nosler and then sold to Winchester.

Edited by Joe, 19 April 2010 - 06:57 AM.

MR300WM

#6 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

hm guess ill use it on a squirrel or somthing lol..

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

I wouldn't worry about a companies quallity control over just one defective round. However, Remington .22s are notorious for very poor quallity and have been for some time. It's poor quallity control like that that has me buying other brands. For .22's I buy Federal or CCI. I wouldn't take Remington's if given to me free! For rifle cartridges I buy strictly Federal's and for shotgun shells it Winchester Supremes and nothing else. That formula works great for me.Posted Image

#8 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

ya remington 22 is terrible its bang click click click bang click lol

#9 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:05 AM

Winchester ammo is still made by Olin Matheson Chemical Corp and probably will be for a long time to come as they mfr a billiuon rounds a year or so. That said, occasionally you get a bad one, even with todays CNC SPQC CAD CAM and other high tech processes. I've used Winchester ammo since 1963 and had one misfire. Some times it just happens. The Winchester ammo site is all separate from the gun site as it is now different companies( but I bet O-M still owns the name ). So the contact info shoudl be on the ammo website. Good luck.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#10 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

i just decided not to worry about it, if it wont hurt my rifle then ill just shoot it at somthing silly.

#11 jaye

jaye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

The quality question can be sent to Winchester via the Olin web-site 'question' link wherein you mention Winchester. I know this sounds vague and it is, but I did recieve a reply via email within a day. Now to make life a bit easier for you, one contact person at Winchester is Donald Ballard III, DGBallardIII@olin.com .

Found this information because of a similar quality problem.

Thank you.
Jay

#12 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Norm I'm with you on CCI for the. .22LR . For me it's mini mags or nothing. Now for my 30/30 it's remington core-lokt, a 3" wide wound. channel on a deer afew years back has me convinced. For my shotgun, federal or winchester supreme work well.
Semper Fi

#13 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

That broken tip isn't going to do no harm. It should still fly great and mess up a yote.:boone:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users