J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hope this works I'm using my blackberry
Phil and myself are at camp
We are waiting for others to arrive to head out and see if we can roost any birds
It is warm dry and windy
I will try and report back tomorrow after noon as we have to be out of the woods by 12
Good luck to all out chasing them birds

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Blackberry success from the hills of PA.

Be careful out there... All of yinz. I can't believe I have to use a scatter gun tomorrow.
("I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it." - Tom Selleck as Matthew Quigley, Quigley Down Under)
New bow didn't arrive in time though. So, I'm sure that means the boss hawg of all gobblers will be strutting 5 feet from the blind tomorrow. I'll post pics after bagging him. :P

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

boss hog at 5 feet with a shotty whats better than that!

#4 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

Who said us Casters were rednecks? Five miles from the first power pole and we are posting with a blackberry. I think you would call that "high tech hillbillies".Posted Image
Love that movie Jer so many great one liners.Posted Image

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

Good luck. Don't forget your specs! Posted Image

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

boss hog at 5 feet with a shotty whats better than that!

5 feet with a bow. :D

Well, the only thing at five feet this morning was a hen. She hung around a good 20 minutes. I have some pics I took and I believe she was literally trying to figure out how to get into the blind with the other "turkeys". o_0

A nice longbeard strutted past at 8:00 am, but he never offered the shot I wanted. When he first stepped out of the woods into the field edge I could have taken him. But, I thought for sure he was going to come to the decoys and give us a show. So, I let him go by. Instead of committing to the decoys, however, he skirted the field edge and stopped to do all of his strutting about 50 yards away behind the only patch of brush in the area. :rolleyes: He then ducked back into the woods and was gone. Unreal. I think I've got too much "television hunting" on my mind. Score one for the gobblers and a big, fat GOOSE EGG for the "Peep-N-Tom" strutter decoy. <_< (Which I had set up with a short beard and jake tail fan in case anyone was wondering about dominance. :( ) Oh well, it's still always a joy to get to watch a mature gobbler strut and gobble in God's great outdoors.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

Glad you are having fun Jerimiah. Hope all you guys do and have a safe and successful hunt. Turkey Season here was a bust this year, Weather killed us with cool temps and high winds. Throw in lots of thunderstorms and we've spent more time at home than in the woods. Hey, if you all see Paul tell I said hi.

#8 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

No success in camp this mornin
Rod missed one eric and I set in the blind and slept
Phil saw some but no shootin

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

Eric and I got to camp Friday night in time to roost a tom or two. We were treated to a whole lot of silent gobbles and soundless hen talk and apparently a great deal of cloaked flyups. With this much turkey silence we were anxious to get out there opening morning. Actually the silence was good after battling 18 wheelers for 2725 miles on our trip to Kansas and back. We all got up and stumbled to our chosen locations got set up and waited for dawn. My hunt partner Mike and I sat and sat till about 9am till we heard a gobbler which of course was behind our blind, where else! It did resond to our calls and we thought it was coming but the next gobble was much further away. That was the extent of our morning but the silence was good for a few snoozes.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users