• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

Hey guys. PSE just shipped me my RamCat Broadheads to field test in Africa. These things look wicked! Check out the Smoke broadhead as well...it is the most technologically advanced mechanical I have ever seen. Looking forward to seeing how they perform in Africa.
http://www.smokebroadheads.com/
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:37 AM

The most important thing to me is how sharp they are and how well they fly. I was told several times to bring lots of arrows and broad heads to Africa. Did you get a bunch and some to practice with before leaving in a couple of days? I hope they hold up to the test you will be putting them threw over there. Good luck Whip.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

Yep, they sent me quite a few. I was drilling grapefruits at 70 yards yesterday, but on African game I wouldn't shoot past 40 yards. Some of those animals have a nasty habit of jumping the string. The cool thing about these broadheads is that they are sharpened on both sides. If you don't get pass through, the blades rotate forward and it cuts an even bigger hole on the way back out....wicked wound channel. I am taking two dozen arrows, 6 packs of broadheads and two packs of replacement blades. I am also taking a rifle and 80 rounds, as I am an equal opportunity hunter :). Mostly using the PSE though. For some reason, I have a strong desire to shoot a giraffe on this trip lol. Their skin is really thick I'm told, so I will be interested to see the kind of penetration and damage these broadheads cause on an animal that size. I will definitely let you know.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:13 AM

Looking forward to hearing the results of your trip. Be safe and take lots of pics.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users