• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

It is the second day of turkey season in PA. Saturday was the first and as usual the birds were there at camp but just would not come in. This morning I cannot go hunting as I have a care planning meeting at the nursing home. I opened the bathroom window and what did I hear? Yep a gobbler sounding off out behind my house. Guess where I will be tomorrow morning.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

It is the second day of turkey season in PA. Saturday was the first and as usual the birds were there at camp but just would not come in. This morning I cannot go hunting as I have a care planning meeting at the nursing home. I opened the bathroom window and what did I hear? Yep a gobbler sounding off out behind my house. Guess where I will be tomorrow morning.

Cool Paul. Go get em buddy.Posted Image Wishing you the best of luck.

#3 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Good luck!

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

This morning did not work out like I had planned. I went out back and two other guys came in above me so I hurried back to the house and drove up on the ridge beyond the house. I only got about 50 yds from the truck and busted at least 3 turkeys out of the trees over my head. I went to a favorite spot and found another guy there. I went down to a lower trail and called several times without an answer. I walked nearly all the way back to the truck and heard a faint gobble. I set up and called back but only got a response once. After waiting about 45 minutes I got up to leave and several turkeys started putting right behind me. They had red heads but I could not see a beard. I think I;ll go fishing, at least they don't sneak up behind a guy.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

Now Paul....you have alot of season yet !
If things go smoothly at work tomorrow, I won't have to be until 10am Thursday.......just may make a marathon run to camp and try for the Phantom Tom !Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users