• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Darn Norm....this is a kick in the turkey hunting pants for sure. I know we can never thank you vets enough for the burdens you bore for this country but here's another huge one from me. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and next fall's apple butter cook will end with your name on a jar !Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

Darn Norm....this is a kick in the turkey hunting pants for sure. I know we can never thank you vets enough for the burdens you bore for this country but here's another huge one from me. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and next fall's apple butter cook will end with your name on a jar !Posted Image

Thank you phil. Right now I'm learning to do everything left handed. Sleep is next to impossible nut on the bright side i'm catching up on some reading. Posted Image You guys make the best applebutter anywhere. A guy could get spoiled. Posted Image

#18 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

Im sorry to hear about the shingles. I hope you recover quickly.

Regarding the recluse spider. We have them here in PA. My coworker was bit last year. It was pretty bad. Now that I double checked the pic of the spider, ( My link ), I never realized how lucky I am. I've squished quite of few of them growing up while looking for bait.

#19 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Im sorry to hear about the shingles. I hope you recover quickly.

Regarding the recluse spider. We have them here in PA. My coworker was bit last year. It was pretty bad. Now that I double checked the pic of the spider, ( My link ), I never realized how lucky I am. I've squished quite of few of them growing up while looking for bait.

Thanks guy, I really apreciate it. I use to work as a upholsterer for Ozark Boats and they were everywhere in the buildings. Kept me keeping my eyes peeled for them. The bite itself just stings a bit but as it begins to ulcerate and spread it's one of the most painful things a person can indure. In a way this Shingles is worse because it covers a larger area.

Edited by Spirithawk, 06 May 2010 - 08:04 PM.

#20 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

Norm if you had gone hunting here in PA this morning you would first of all been greeted by near freezing temps. Eric's wife's car hood had frost. Then you would have set up over at the mountain and would have had to listen to one very old smart gobbler do the same thing he did last year. He would have stayed about 200 - 250 yds up over very steep fields just inside the woods line. You would have also had several gobblers sound off below you but they would have sounded like jakes. You would have sat there all morning from about 5:45 to 11;30 and got all sorts of cramps in your back and legs. You also would have seen the jakes below you come up to within 50 yds or so but come no closer. You would have been treated to seeing just about all the species of bird PA has, a huge coyote near the size of a german shepard dog, several groundhogs, chipmonks, grey squirrels, fox squirrels and a very noisy red squirrel. You would have also observed 2 canada geese and a big hawk being harassed by black birds. Other than that you would have been very bored. Actually Eric and I were there to see what that big gobbler above us was going to do. We have several plans to try on him come tomorrow. Now if I can get the cramps out of my legs and my back quits aching till then.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#21 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

Norm if you had gone hunting here in PA this morning you would first of all been greeted by near freezing temps. Eric's wife's car hood had frost. Then you would have set up over at the mountain and would have had to listen to one very old smart gobbler do the same thing he did last year. He would have stayed about 200 - 250 yds up over very steep fields just inside the woods line. You would have also had several gobblers sound off below you but they would have sounded like jakes. You would have sat there all morning from about 5:45 to 11;30 and got all sorts of cramps in your back and legs. You also would have seen the jakes below you come up to within 50 yds or so but come no closer. You would have been treated to seeing just about all the species of bird PA has, a huge coyote near the size of a german shepard dog, several groundhogs, chipmonks, grey squirrels, fox squirrels and a very noisy red squirrel. You would have also observed 2 canada geese and a big hawk being harassed by black birds. Other than that you would have been very bored. Actually Eric and I were there to see what that big gobbler above us was going to do. We have several plans to try on him come tomorrow. Now if I can get the cramps out of my legs and my back quits aching till then.

Thank you my friend, for letting me sit there with you in spirit. That really mans a lot to me. I'm am so glad that you and Eric share the same bond as Jason and I. Yes, our old bones ache a bit more each time out it seems but the pure magic of sitting in the woods and watching the world come alive is more meaningful and more treasured than gold. I know you feel that way too. I hope you get a chance at that old Boss Tom but I know, as do you, that the real thrill is in the chase matching wits with him. Best of luck to you and Eric and please take care of yourself. I'm hanging tough, getting lots of rest, dreaming about when I'll get to try out my new xbow. :) Amazing how little things such as that can bring so much pleasure. Be well my friend, be safe and may the Creater smile down on you.........Norm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users