• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 08:46 PM

... "Dave's been gone quite awhile", the question gently spoken was on all our minds as we sat enjoying the camp fellowship. Sounds of the mountian woods seemed to pause as an unspoken understanding passed between us to act upon our friend's absence. I climbed onto Harry's ATV to head out and make sure everything was okay. Within a few hundred yards of leaving the camp I spotted Dave's familiar figure coming down the access road from the opposite direction. I pulled over as he came alongside, his smile bright in the afternoon sun. He was sitting sidesaddle to relieve some of the obvious pain his hip was causing him. I was so thankful that my boss had offered the use of a Honda Foreman ATV with a pushbutton gear selector that made it easy to use. Dave shared where he had been able to travel, including making his way down the back ridge onto the Jeep Trail. The logging road is steep in parts and slippery after heavy rains but by taking his time and traveling at a pace he was comfortable with , the trek was incident free. Using the logging roads he had visited most of the areas on the "Back 40" including spotting some wildlife. Throughout the weekend it was pretty humbling to watch Dave as he joined in the activities even though it was obvious that his hip was causing him a great deal of pain. As I watched, I was reminded of a story in the Bible. Genesis 32:22 begins telling of Jacob wrestling throughout the night with a man (God) who touched Jacob's hip, wrenching it in a way that would change his walk forever. By holding on and refusing to give up, Jacob recieved a Blessing. I know that Dave has been in a long struggle with his hip and is finally scheduled for surgury that with God's Blessing will change his walk forever. I'm praying that God's Annointing will upon the hands of the doctor and medical staff, that the recovery time will be amazing, and that the Rice family will feel His presence around them. I know that many others here and in our little camp will be lifting our prayers. Thankyou God for bringing Dave into this circle of friends. All this I ask in Jesus' name- Amen ! :pray:

Edited by Phil, 28 June 2006 - 04:55 AM.

Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:34 PM

Thank you Phil for putting into words that which I felt but was not able to verbalize it. Amen and Amen.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:31 AM

AMEN!
Thanks Phil.

#4 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

Amen

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:56 AM

BTW, keep Dave's surgury in prayer 7/24/06....I'm pretty sure about the date. :pray:
Posted Image

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

To All:

It is I who is thankful for the Lord pointing me in the right direction in finding such a exceptional group of Christian Men. I enjoyed the weekend very much and on Sunday I really did not want to leave. The surgery date is July 24th but as of yet I do not know the time or hospital I will be in. I have a appointment on July 6th and everything will be set up at that time, I will let you all know the particulars.

Thank you all for inviting me to the gathering and may God bless each and everyone of you and may he keep you in his safe and healing arms. My soul was uplifted and you have given me more strength to wait until the surgery happens.

My Love To All
Dave

#7 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

Dang Dave, how can I rib the heck outa ya when ya talk like that?
You are a blessing in all our lives.
Take care my friend.

#8 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

Dave is a really great friend. So glad I had the chance a few years ago to meet him. I am sure I will never foget the way he bust on me and I in return. One great person. I hope and pray this operation is a great success. :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users