#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

Posted Image

My annual trip to Lake Cumberland is usually a two day trip with fishing on two days for what ever bits. This year Mother Nature stepped in and served up some whoop a@@ weather so the second day was a no go. Just south and bit west is Nashville and it got the same weather we avoided last Saturday. We mainly target the striped bass they stock in this huge lake. In this picture is my brother-in-law is on the left, Dan my old friend is center, and myself stage right. We caught several sheep head drums, alligator gar, a couple of walleye, several trophy size small mouth bass, several channel cats, probably twenty striped bass that were mainly released due to the size, and two red ear slider turtles. My brother-in-law and I caught all these fish mentioned. Dan was in another boat with his friends that had a great day too.
If only the weather would of held off for twelve more hours on Saturday I'd say from experience just before that huge weather front came in it would have been non-stop action like we had on Friday.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 06 May 2010 - 10:36 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Nice Fish!!! sorry to hear about the weather, but it looks like you did pretty good in spite of it

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

Nice Fish!!! sorry to hear about the weather, but it looks like you did pretty good in spite of it

Ditto here Rowdy....you guys sure had some great fishing !
Posted Image

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Very cool. We have some pretty good Striped Bass here in Bull Shoals. Jason and I were just looking at a 45 pounder a guy got mounted. Never fished for them but bet it's fun. Congrats on your catch.Posted Image

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

I did not see my invitation in the mail to the event :stir:

Congratulations

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg