• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Oh and spirit i have never been in a situation where i needed to defend myself with a gun and hopfully i never am. So i respect your experience and appreciate your input. hopfully if ever in a similiar situation ill be able to apply it strategically.

#17 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

All's cool bud. Like I said, I enjoy these kind of threads because, if not right away, eventualy some pretty good points come forth. Reading back over things though, I really don't see anywhere where someone said it should be required or mandatory to take a course. What was said was that it would be a good idea and benificial for a person to take a course in self defense if they were going to carry and I agree with that 100%. You are never so wise that you can't learn more and that one little tidbit, that might seem silly at the time learned, might just be the one that saves your life down the line. As far a course being mandantory, that's a mixed bag. Trust me, being Cherokee, I have little trust of the government and firmly believe things are getting out of hand with the government thinking more and more that they know what's best for us in spite of what we all think. My son is a Certified Executive Bodyguard and went through exstensive training. If you ever saw him in action you'd dang sure want him on your side! It's amazing what one can accomplish with the right training and attitude. It just boils down to the fact that the more you know, the more you practice, the better prepared that you are, then the better your chances of coming out on top. Considering that anything otherwise will most likely mean you'll be dead, I opt for being as prepared as I can. Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 11 May 2010 - 02:04 PM.

#18 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:12 PM

you know what your right no one did say it that way. we have been having a ongoing discussion about this at work for a few days now actually! so naturally when i read should i assumed, and well the rest is history.

#19 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:17 PM

A little more to the story, and the info provided would change my point of view http://www.omaha.com...EWS97/100429632 and http://news.yahoo.co...#video=19369200

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

The two perps picked a dangerous profession. Now one of the scumbags has been shot by a stand up citizen. It is my sincere hope that the other perp is charged with murder.

#21 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

In most states, if your an assessory to a crime that results in a death you are charged with murder

Good riddance

bc

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#22 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

In most states, if your an assessory to a crime that results in a death you are charged with murder

Good riddance

bc

Good ridance is right Marty! Only thing is is how light a sentence a lot of people get for murder. I believe it should be either the death penalty or a minimum of life with no chance of parole. How can they set a murderer free, saying he or she has done their time, when the person murdered is forever dead? Even worse, the majority that get out end up murdering one or more people again! It's insane and sickening. It seems to me that if a judge lets a murderer off with a light sentence, and the murderer kills again, then the judge is every bit as responsible for murder as the murderer themself!

#23 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

A little more to the story, and the info provided would change my point of view http://www.omaha.com...EWS97/100429632 and http://news.yahoo.co...#video=19369200

Totally different story than what I was thinking happen and does change my evaluation of what action was taken by the robbers and that of the actual shooter.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users