• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

im making a trip to texas in 2 weeks, and i really want to travel to galveston while im there but im curious about how this oil spill is affecting the bay? Anyone got any info? i have not been able to find much on it.

#2 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

well my trip was all relying on my home rebate getting back on time but it seems the people at hr block charge you 200 bucks only too screw up twice and make you wait another 2-3 months to get your money. so i will not be going to galveston i dont think. we barly managed to scrounge together enough money to sustain us for 2 weeks and travel expenses. BUT i do plan on shooting some hogs and hopfully a few coyotes! also the largemouth bass in my granma's pond havnt seen me in about 2 years so i plan on catching up!

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:11 AM

I don't know how the Texas gulf coast is fairing with the oil spill damage. In several years hopefully they will have the oil spill half way cleaned up. The hog & yote hunting part of your trip sounds like fun to me and that ole pond of grannies probably holds the State record large mouth. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

texas state record largemouth was actually caught in the lake in my hometown! lake fork! 18.8lbs i believe... but the pond has some nice ones, my dad has caught the biggest out of it at 5.5 lbs. ive gotten close. caught one that weighed 5. its a nice pond with lots of brush, and over hanging trees, and inlets. it stays pretty clear too its fun to fish with a plastic worm and watch the bass go after them. Im really excited about getting to take some time off, i took 3 days off during the elk season and havnt had more than that in about 2 years so 2 weeks off is going to be insane! ill get some good stringer pics on here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users