• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

This morning Eric and I went to a different spot and set up as a gobbler was sounding off in the woods below us. We were in a fence row and a small field was between us and the woods the gobbler was sounding off in. In all it was about 80 yds from us to the woods line. I set up my inflateable hen decoy at the edge of the fence line. We proceeded to call to the gobbler and he came to the edge of the woods but would not enter the field. He did this a couple times before walking away. We sat there wondering what we must have said to the gobbler to send it on its way. A while later a deer snorted down in the woods it continued to snort for about a minute or so. I sat there wondering what was going on because the wind was in our favor. Just after that the crows set up a big ruckus from near the same location. I immediately thought a coyote must be down there. A few minutes later I see something slinking up the fence row toward me. I was ready to shoot but thought it was too small for a coyote. It stopped only about 15 feet from me, saw my decoy about 7 yards in front of it and that bobcat crouched down and immediately charged the decoy. It hit the decoy at full speed with fang and claw and the decoy flew about 8 feet in the air and the bobcat was a very confused cat. It ran to the edge of the fencerow and crouched where Eric could get a real good look at it. It then ran off. I went to my poor deflated decoy which bore claw marks on both sides several of which penetrated the thick sides. I always knew that these decoys were quite realistic and got a predator confirmation of that this morning. Oh man what you see when you don't have a camera along. Eric said he wished he had his video camera as that would have been priceless.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

Sounds priceless. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

Very cool Paul! Even better that you and Eric got to exsperience it together. Like Rowdy said, " Priceless! " Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users