7 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'm not really familiar with them but I read on MSN that an exsplosion killed two people at the MDM Muzzleloader factory in Cloebrook, N.H. It said folks heard the exsplosion up to a mile and a half away. Also that it burned for hours and firefighters were hampered by multiple smaller exsplosions of amunition and black powder. That would sure be a firefighter's nightmare. They basicly had to stay back and watch it burn. I looked at their online site and they make a rather fancy line of muzzleloaders. Anyone ever heard of them? Prayers go out to the families of all involved.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Can't say as I ever heard of them either.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 timothy

timothy

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Xbox, My Wife and awsome son James, Guns, Mountains, Hounds, any thing outdoors.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

Are the details of the explosion out yet? Whenever i hear about things like this i automatically presume liberals are at fault.. lol might not be a healthy habit but alot of times as it turns out that theory is correct.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

I haven't seen any more about it. It was kinda odd though. A secretary said she heard two loud pops and she was quick witted enough to tell everyone to get outside. Seconds later the main exsplosion happened. It would be interesting to know what those two pops were.

#5 Falcon

Falcon

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

That plant manufactured Black Mag3 black powder substitute. Much of the Black Mag3 production was sold to the US military. The article below is wrong about black powder: MDM did not manufacture black powder at that plant.

Two workers were killed and another injured.

http://www.wcax.com/....asp?S=12484470

Edited by Falcon, 15 May 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:52 PM

That plant manufactured Black Mag3 black powder substitute. Much of the Black Mag3 production was sold to the US military. The article below is wrong about black powder: MDM did not manufacture black powder at that plant.

Two workers were killed and another injured.

http://www.wcax.com/....asp?S=12484470

Thanks Falcon. I have heard of Black Mag3 but didn't know it was them that made it.

#7 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

This is a real shame. I hate to see things like that happen. The loss of live of course is terrible, but think of the economic hardships this will cost the area at a time when jobs were so important.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

The plant also manufactured the soon to be released Black Dot powder for the Alliant powder company. There will be no Black Dot powder in the forseeable future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users