3 replies to this topic

#1 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

After working all night, I decided that I wanted to go fishing. I loaded up the truck and was there in about 1/2 hour. There was a friend sitting there in his chair when I arrived. I asked him if they were biting, and he said "Dunno. Just got here myself" They were biting great. I must have caught at least 20 myself. Bernie caught as many, or more. Nothing big, lots of undersized ones, but I had my limit of legal sized ones in about 15 minutes. 28" was the average. Spent the day excercising my arm after I limited out.After today, I won't be back out there until next weekend, because of work, and the fact that they have opened up the floodgates. It takes 4 days for the water to reach there. It will be flowing at 300 cubic feet a minute, so it will take 2 or 3 days to clear. There will be lots of mud and russian thistle coming with it until the irrigation ditches clean out. Then, the walleye and big pike will move into the fast water, and hopefully there will be something worth taking pictures of on the agenda. All in all, a great day, with sore shoulders and biceps from the catch and release. I came home at around 8 p.m. and gave the fish to friends that don't fish, but love eating them. He has cancer, and his wife works in a greenhouse operation. Posted Image They are even older than me, if that's possible. I'm on my way again, so, hopefully, today will be as good, or better than yesterday. Take care all, and maybe, I'll snap a few pics of whatever I catch, including the weeds! Posted Image

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:11 AM

Awesome Fred! It's great to hear that your having such a good time. Posted Image I've never had the oportunity to fish for Pike but have always thought it would be great fun. Hope your lucky streak continues and you catch some big ones. Pics would be very cool so hope you do post some. Catch one for me. Posted Image

#3 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

Fillet pike with sliced fried tators........................Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good......
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

Fillet pike with sliced fried tators........................Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good......

Posted ImagePosted Image Give me a second helping please.

RG you all make me jealous having pike fishing so available. Every time I go to Canada I get so spoiled fishing there that I hardly get the urge to fish in Ohio because our fishing is so merger and hard.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 18 May 2010 - 12:16 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users