4 replies to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

I've got some venison left I wanted to try making some jerky. Does anyone have a recipe they'd like to share?

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

My wife makes killer jerkey but she won't give up the recipe. An easy way though is to buy any of a variety of meat marinades. Cut your meat into lean strips, marinate over night, pat dry and sprinkle with cajun seasoning or Janes Crazy Mixed up salt, Throw in the dehydrater and enjoy when done. I also like to use a mixture of soy sauce, Worchister sauce, liquid smoke, and a full bottle of green tobasco sauce any brand will do though as long as it's the green kind. The green actually gives it the flavor of the pepper way more so than the red. Don't be afraid to exsperiment with marinades. If you like it, throw it in. I've had batches turn out so so but most are better than anything you can buy.

#3 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

I use the "jerky shooter" and buy the boxed ingredients anymore.Its faster and tastes much better in my opinion. I can whip a batch up in two hours that way.
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:12 PM

I too use venison burger meat and a jerkey shooter. I use a dry jerkey mix some liquid smoke and sometimes some soy sauce. By using burger meat you can really get it thoroughly mixed.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

I take a partially frozen elk roast and slice it into think strips. Thickness of your choice, The last batch I took a Jack Daniels steak marinade any flavor and added water to not make it so thick. let it marinade over night and put in the dehydrator the next morning until dried to your liking. I have also used Moore's marinade, with a light dusting of white pepper before putting in the dehydrator. Make certain the you slice your roast against the grain of the meat otherwise it will be real tough and chewy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users