6 replies to this topic

#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

OK

I was in the market for a new bow, so the reserch and shooting began about a month ago, I shot hoyt, mathews, bowtec, ross, and several others,it came down to 2 bows, the mathews Z7 and the bowtec, Destroyer, both shot great for me, easy to pull back great groups, both were the same price,

When all was said and done I bought the bowtec, (I know I know), but the deciding factor was the closest bow shop that sells mathews that I trust was 2 hours one way trip to get it, and if I needed work on it, the bowtec dealer is 2 mins from my front door,

I shot a 3d shoot this weekend out of a poss 900 I shot a 692 not to bad for not shooting a 3d course in over 15years,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:11 AM

The Bowtech Destroyer is a great bow. You won't regret that decision! I've got a friend who shoots the Destroyer and he's good with it out to 60 yards.
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Congrats RL. Did you try the Monster series bows from Mathews? Comparing the Bowtech to one of these would be more apples to apples comparison than the Z7, just my Posted Image . Enjoy the new bow. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Rowdy

I did but bought the bowtec only because of where the bow shops were at, I really did care for the monsters, but really liked the z7 if we had a matthews dealer here or a little closer I would have gone with the z7,

I set the destroyer up at 70 lbs shooting a 375 grain arrow, and its pushing 323 fps thru the chrono, I am shooting one pin out to 45 yards and the other 6 will take me out to 105 yards,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Rowdy

I did but bought the bowtec only because of where the bow shops were at, I really did care for the monsters, but really liked the z7 if we had a matthews dealer here or a little closer I would have gone with the z7,

I set the destroyer up at 70 lbs shooting a 375 grain arrow, and its pushing 323 fps thru the chrono, I am shooting one pin out to 45 yards and the other 6 will take me out to 105 yards,

R L

Hey I understand the bow shop deal - makes perfectly good sense to me. I've got three Mathews dealers in town. From the sounds of it you're digging the way the Destroyer is performing and that's what matters.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 June 2010 - 02:58 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Congrats on the new bow and good luck with it this year.

#7 diehlrod

diehlrod

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

I just got my new bow last week.. Shot the Z7, alphamax, and the Deadzone 32. I went with the limbsaver DZ-32. I absolutely love it. No complaints on any of the bows, except maybe the price tag! The Limbsaver just felt right. I just put on a peepless sight made by extreme outdoor products. I will never shoot a peep sight again. Now I just need the season to get here so i can really try it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users