• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psedeerhunter

psedeerhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

I am looking for a new broadhead this season. I am colord blind. I shoot thunderheads and get pass thru 95% of the time. But there is not much blood trail. I was thinking about the rage 2 blade. What do you all have to say about the rage 2 blade. I hear lot of people say theye don't get pass thru with them. Thanks

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Nobody makes a broadhead that will guarantee a pass through every time. There are too many variables. If you hit the shoulder ball socket or spine on a deer it's gonna stop that arrow cold.

The key to getting a river of a blood trail is shot placement and supersharp broadheads.

Try carrying a spray bottle full of hydrogen peroxide and spray it where you think there might be blood. Blood spots will bubble up white and help you see it.

Edited by Leo, 02 June 2010 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:32 AM

I am looking for a new broadhead this season. I am colord blind. I shoot thunderheads and get pass thru 95% of the time. But there is not much blood trail. I was thinking about the rage 2 blade. What do you all have to say about the rage 2 blade. I hear lot of people say theye don't get pass thru with them. Thanks

Welcome!

Blood trails are difficult at best to guarantee. I seen a boiler room stopper heart shot leave nothing and then I saw a rear leg shot leave a trail of blood you'd fall down in cause it's so thick and slick. Leo is right. A sharp bladed broad head is a key component and be sure you're aim is taking in account the exit wound on the opposite so the blood is draining out of both.

I have not shot the Rage but I have seen what they can do to a hog. Hog is bit tougher than a deer. The Rage opened up that swine.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Acc371

Acc371

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Nobody makes a broadhead that will guarantee a pass through every time. There are too many variables. If you hit the shoulder ball socket or spine on a deer it's gonna stop that arrow cold.

The key to getting a river of a blood trail is shot placement and supersharp broadheads.

Try carrying a spray bottle full of hydrogen peroxide and spray it where you think there might be blood. Blood spots will bubble up white and help you see it.

The Hydrogen Peroxide is a good idea!! It is up to you if you want to switch.

Edited by Acc371, 11 June 2010 - 08:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users