6 replies to this topic

#1 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

After trying out many bows I made my decision. I tested out PSE, Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtec and G5. I picked the G5 Primal. I just love the feel of this bow, absolutely no hand shock, solid wall and love the way it shoots. I could not believe the speed I get, because I have a short draw length at 27.5. Through the chrono my 3 arrow shot speed was 312,311,312. Very consistent. I topped it off with a G5 roller rest, G5 5 pin sight.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

Congratulations. Now go after that groundhog across the driveway.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Congrats Dave. I never had the chance to shoot one yet. The reviews in the magazines look pretty good and I think G5 makes some quality archery equipment. Like to see your setup - how about a photo?

Did you sell the Newberry? Or is it your back up bow now?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

That's serious speed for a short draw! What is your total arrow weight? Can't be much more than 350grs.
Posted Image

#5 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

Pat

I wanted to try the G5 but could not find one in any the shops out here, congrats

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#6 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

Congrats Dave. I never had the chance to shoot one yet. The reviews in the magazines look pretty good and I think G5 makes some quality archery equipment. Like to see your setup - how about a photo.

I have not sold the Newberry and I am trying to sell it.

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

Congrats Dave. I never had the chance to shoot one yet. The reviews in the magazines look pretty good and I think G5 makes some quality archery equipment. Like to see your setup - how about a photo.

I have not sold the Newberry and I am trying to sell it.

Good luck selling it. There are a bunch of places to run an add like the classified on HR or AT has a classified section to sell it and if Craig's List isn't happening then there is always the eBay option.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users